Intro, Hi Rangers!

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Valkur
Embryo

Re: Intro, Hi Rangers!

Post by Valkur »

Lost Thing wrote:My name is Justin. I am a college grad. from Charleston West Virginia who was planning on becomming a Marine. I was discharged with an Re-3P during bootcamp because of retinal tearing/thinning in my left eye. I just had it repaired yesterday and my doctor said he didn't see it becomming a problem in the future if I chose to enlist into the military once again. I'm looking into the Army and becoming a Ranger. I know there is absolutely no chance in enlisting with an Option 40 or even Airborne in my contract. I'm hoping to gain some insight into the chances of volunteering in basic. I know that this doesn't always happen and it's a slim chance. I am willing to try it and will bust my a$$ to get it. Thank you all for your service!
I got an Option 40 contract and my collar bone is not connected to my shoulder due to snowboarding accident. I needed no waiver for it and they gave me a go. If I can get the contract, so can you.
Lost Thing
Tadpole

Post by Lost Thing »

SFC Hit_It

I appreciate your offer to help me out! Thank You!

Valkur

"I got an Option 40 contract and my collar bone is not connected to my shoulder due to snowboarding accident. I needed no waiver for it and they gave me a go. If I can get the contract, so can you."

I'm hoping to be an exeption to the rule haha..keyword HOPING. Since I'm prior enlisted an Option 40 is not available to me because I require a waiver to get back in. I'm hoping I can get Airborne, but I think that is also going to be a slim chance. I believe the same rule applies about being prior enlisted...I could be wrong. Perhaps I can squeeze in with Airborne and that puts me one step closer to RIP.

All this though is wishful thinking at this point. I still have to go back to my doctor for a "followup" in a few weeks. Hoping for Airborne, Ranger ect. is silly of me right now considering I dont even know if I will be allowed to enlist again. Like I said I'm hoping and I appreciate everyone welcoming me to the board.

Thank You
Last edited by Lost Thing on October 20th, 2004, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Lost Thing wrote:Hit_It

I appreciate your offer to help me out! Thank You!

Valkur

"I got an Option 40 contract and my collar bone is not connected to my shoulder due to snowboarding accident. I needed no waiver for it and they gave me a go. If I can get the contract, so can you."

I'm hoping to be an exeption to the rule haha..keyword HOPING. Since I'm prior enlisted an Option 40 is not available to me because I require a waiver to get back in. I'm hoping I can get Airborne, but I think that is also going to be a slim chance. I believe the same rule applies about being prior enlisted...I could be wrong. Perhaps I can squeeze in with Airborne and that puts me one step closer to RIP.

All this though is wishful thinking at this point. I still have to go back to my doctor for a "followup" in a few weeks. Hoping for Airborne, Ranger ect. is silly of me right now considering I dont even know if I will be allowed to enlist again. Like I said I'm hoping and I appreciate everyone welcoming me to the board.

Thank You
Lost Thing:

That is SFC Hit_it. He has earned his rank, and you will address him as such.

On a different note, I'm a WVU alum, BA 1993, MA 1995. My mom still lives in Charleston, and is coming out to Oregon this weekend to visit and see her grandsons and bring me some Pepperoni Rolls!

You should familiarize yourself with the search feature here, and Google. Specifically look for the AR's pertaining to enlistment/re-enlistment and medical conditions. Those regs and SFC Hit_it's assistance should give you the answers you seek. You could also approach those fine folks up in Kingwood if an Active Duty enlistment doesn't work out.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

didn't have time to check on your situation. i'll ask around and do some reading over the next couple of days.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Lost Thing
Tadpole

Post by Lost Thing »

SFC Hit_it:

Thanks for your help, much appreciated
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome and good luck.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Welcome from an ex-eastern Virginian...

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW
Bell
Lost Thing
Tadpole

Post by Lost Thing »

Thanks for the welcome Rangers.

Return to “Introduction Archive”