Intro, Hi Rangers!

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Lost Thing
Tadpole

Intro, Hi Rangers!

Post by Lost Thing »

My name is Justin. I am a college grad. from Charleston West Virginia who was planning on becomming a Marine. I was discharged with an Re-3P during bootcamp because of retinal tearing/thinning in my left eye. I just had it repaired yesterday and my doctor said he didn't see it becomming a problem in the future if I chose to enlist into the military once again. I'm looking into the Army and becoming a Ranger. I know there is absolutely no chance in enlisting with an Option 40 or even Airborne in my contract. I'm hoping to gain some insight into the chances of volunteering in basic. I know that this doesn't always happen and it's a slim chance. I am willing to try it and will bust my a$$ to get it. Thank you all for your service!
Last edited by Lost Thing on October 20th, 2004, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

Welcome to the site, the search button is your buddy! :D
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Damned Hillbilly!. Actually, young man....I was from Lewisburg and went into the Rangers because they promised me 4 pairs of boots instead of 2.
Sounds like you have an uphill battle with this eye issue. IF you get in the medical screening for the Rangers doesnt go away just because you volunteered at basic. But, Ive seen weirder things happen. I wouldnt get my hopes up but I wouldnt give up either.
Good luck to you.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Ranger Abell9 wrote:Damned Hillbilly!. Actually, young man....I was from Lewisburg and went into the Rangers because they promised me 4 pairs of boots instead of 2.
Sounds like you have an uphill battle with this eye issue. IF you get in the medical screening for the Rangers doesnt go away just because you volunteered at basic. But, Ive seen weirder things happen. I wouldnt get my hopes up but I wouldnt give up either.
Good luck to you.
Ranger Abell9:
You're from Lewisburg? My roots run pretty deep there.

Lost Thing:
I moved from Charleston to Oregon back in 97. I miss mountain-biking at Kanawha State Forest.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Ripcord
Tadpole

Post by Ripcord »

Lost Thing ,Welcome
Ranger Abell9 and FireFinder, Fairmont West By God Virginia was the place to be 8)
A/2-501 Anb Inf 101st Abn
RVN 1970/1971 Northern I Corps
If You Have Not Made Out A Will Do So now ,SSG H Breifing new Troopers In Viet-Nam
Wakan Tanka Nici Un
Ripcord , Drive on
Lost Thing
Tadpole

Post by Lost Thing »

Abell9 wrote:Damned Hillbilly!. Actually, young man....I was from Lewisburg and went into the Rangers because they promised me 4 pairs of boots instead of 2.
Good luck to you.

Ranger Abell9, It was my understanding that once you enlisted you were under a different set of rules. For example since I require a waiver to get back in, Meps will not give me an Option 40 contract. However it would be possible/slim but possible to get RIP once I was enlisted? Are you saying that even with a waiver for my condition I could still not be accepted? Nice knowing a fellow West Virginian on the boards :D
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Lost Thing wrote:
Abell9 wrote:Damned Hillbilly!. Actually, young man....I was from Lewisburg and went into the Rangers because they promised me 4 pairs of boots instead of 2.
Good luck to you.

Ranger Abell9, It was my understanding that once you enlisted you were under a different set of rules. For example since I require a waiver to get back in, Meps will not give me an Option 40 contract. However it would be possible/slim but possible to get RIP once I was enlisted? Are you saying that even with a waiver for my condition I could still not be accepted? Nice knowing a fellow West Virginian on the boards :D
Impressive that so many Hillbilly's can write so well. :lol:
Not sure on this waiver issue. As I said above, if they havent shut the door then it's a maybe. Best of luck to you though.
West Virginia has put out some serious warriors, Gents. Rangers, SF...I could name about 10 right now.
Now, as for Fairfuckingmont...thats a college town and there is always more TRIM in those places. Didnt have to sleep with your Sister or Mom there, eh? :lol:
My regards to all WestbyGoders...in every war, in every service, in every call....we answered. Besides, fighting was pretty much a sport unto itself. Football, Basketball, Friday Night Brawls, Baseball.....
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Lost Thing
Tadpole

Post by Lost Thing »

Impressive that so many Hillbilly's can write so well. :lol:
Not sure on this waiver issue. As I said above, if they havent shut the door then it's a maybe. Best of luck to you though.
West Virginia has put out some serious warriors, Gents. Rangers, SF...I could name about 10 right now.
Now, as for Fairfuckingmont...thats a college town and there is always more TRIM in those places. Didnt have to sleep with your Sister or Mom there, eh? :lol:
My regards to all WestbyGoders...in every war, in every service, in every call....we answered. Besides, fighting was pretty much a sport unto itself. Football, Basketball, Friday Night Brawls, Baseball.....[/quote]

Ranger Abell9, West Virginia University in Institute has a nice TRIM/men ratio so im told, but it was just all about the books for me. :twisted: That's where I graduated from.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Lost Thing wrote: West Virginia University in Institute has a nice TRIM/men ratio so im told, but it was just all about the books for me.
Loser!

Oh. Welcome. :wink:
RSD 96-99
Lost Thing
Tadpole

Post by Lost Thing »

V-Rod wrote:
Lost Thing wrote: West Virginia University in Institute has a nice TRIM/men ratio so im told, but it was just all about the books for me.
Loser!

Ranger V-Rod, I hope you noticed the sarcasm in what I said :lol: Honestly I liked doing more "field work", then "text work" if you know what I mean :twisted:
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Lost Thing wrote:
V-Rod wrote:
Loser!

Ranger V-Rod, I hope you noticed the sarcasm in what I said :lol: Honestly I liked doing more "field work", then "text work" if you know what I mean :twisted:

I did.

Hence the " :wink: "

Field work is good.
RSD 96-99
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

my doctor said he didn't see it becomming a problem in the future if I chose to enlist into the military once again
yes, but your doctor doesn't work as a MEPS Nazi.

welcome to the site. get copies off all the medical documents now, that way you're ahead of the game when you go see a recruiter.

i'll try to find something out about that for you tommorrow if i have some time.

welcome to the site, Justin.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Abell wrote: Impressive that so many Hillbilly's can write so well. :lol:

I sure am glad to see that my donations of $1 annually since I been 12 has heped to edumacate you wes vigineiian's. I feel like I gots my moneies worth. :lol:

Howdy & Welcome los tin
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introduction Archive”