I sprained my ankle in high school VA bens

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Baseplate
Ranger

Re: I sprained my ankle in high school VA bens

Post by Baseplate »

There is certainly no doubt that the VA very fucked up back in the day. It still is. But I have been told horror stories of the past and I have to be thankful that is no longer the case whne compared to the older days anyhow.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Still the bureaucratic cesspool it has been described as before, but now they try to buy your silence.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Once upon a time in the 80's I dipped my toe in the VA waters to attempt a possible claim. After submitting all my records and stuff, I received a blistering letter which basically called me a fraud and poser, casting doubt on my medical records to the point of stating there was no record whatsoever of my malaria (!?!?!?) etc. etc. I then avoided any thought of ever approaching them again.
Late in the 90's my late great friend Bill McHarg, a former BDQ teammate, was working for the VA and kept badgering me to try again. I politely declined for several years. After retirement in 2005 (and Bill's passing) the HH6, encouraged by local vets, got me in to see the county veteran service officer who in turn started the process over again. When it came time for the big show at the Twin Cities VA, it was a total reversal from the 80's. Simply providing the CIB documents pre-qualified me for any number of things. Although I could have asked for more, I accepted the free hearing aids and a small monthly compensation.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

IEDmagnet wrote:Still the bureaucratic cesspool it has been described as before, but now they try to buy your silence.
You just NAILED IT like a split hog. Of course they (VA) know that if they hand out money they will not have to care for Veterans.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “The Mosh Pit”