I sprained my ankle in high school VA bens

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Headoutdaplane
Ranger

I sprained my ankle in high school VA bens

Post by Headoutdaplane »

I don't post in the open part of this forum usually, but this lady buts a slapdown on a little bitch that has been working the system to get millions of dollars in IRS contracts:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e09_1372464555
Headoutdaplane
Hardrock 1/75 '83-'86
Class 2-85
RangerX
Ranger

Re: I sprained my ankle in high school VA bens

Post by RangerX »

WTF?

Didn't break any laws?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Saw this yesterday & loved the way she crushed him. When I was ACAP'ing, I was blown away by the VA benefits brief. All I cared about was how to switch over and start my post-9/11 GI Bill, but I was quickly silenced as "the answers could be found online." I was then forced to sit through several hours of how to milk the VA for every penny they have. Everything was all about "increasing your percentage," like it was some sort of fucking game. Needless to say, I was fucking disgusted, and more importantly, disappointed.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

SLEDGE HAMMER wrote:Saw this yesterday & loved the way she crushed him. When I was ACAP'ing, I was blown away by the VA benefits brief. All I cared about was how to switch over and start my post-9/11 GI Bill, but I was quickly silenced as "the answers could be found online." I was then forced to sit through several hours of how to milk the VA for every penny they have. Everything was all about "increasing your percentage," like it was some sort of fucking game. Needless to say, I was fucking disgusted, and more importantly, disappointed.
Yet some of us are recieving benefits from the VA due to injuries sustained in the LOD and wouldn't know how to claim them without that brief.

The reason the brief is given in the manner in which you recieved is because Soldiers are notorious for "toughing it out" and not being compensated for damage caused by the Army. So the VA rep is trying to drive a point home that these are your benefits you should take advantage of them.

It is not "milking the system" when the injuries are legit. The blame for someone defrauding the Government is shared by the fraudulent applicant and the VA which is staffed by the worst Doctors, the laziest staff and has the most insane bureaucracy I've ever seen. You know what they call the guy who graduates last in his class from Med School? Doctor.

The real shame is the massive amount of Soldiers waiting for legit claims to be awarded but quit trying because of the back log of cases due to the VA being so fucked up.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

But do you think the mantra should be something along the lines of "throw all your darts and see where they land" (as in apply for anything and everything and see what you get). While I agree that the brief was necessary and legit injuries are not "milking the system", I think the manner in which it was delivered promoted attempts at fraud, waste, and abuse - thus creating a massive backlog and delaying benefits to those who truly need them. Example: Asshole in the video.

I only took a quick glance, but does anyone know if the VA publish fraudulent claims numbers?
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

SLEDGE HAMMER wrote:But do you think the mantra should be something along the lines of "throw all your darts and see where they land" (as in apply for anything and everything and see what you get). While I agree that the brief was necessary and legit injuries are not "milking the system", I think the manner in which it was delivered promoted attempts at fraud, waste, and abuse - thus creating a massive backlog and delaying benefits to those who truly need them. Example: Asshole in the video.

I only took a quick glance, but does anyone know if the VA publish fraudulent claims numbers?
I sometimes (like a lot of Rangers) focus on the point of contention with a statement as opposed to the points of agreement. In the civilian world this is considered rude, in the Military this is considered polite (not wasting time).

We are in agreement on the asshat from the article. We are also in agreement on the fraudulent claims contributing to the problems in the VA. However, I believe those would be less of a problem if the VA would grow a pair and deny those claims. It's just so much easier for the low paid VA flunky to rubber stamp "APPROVED" on a claim than deal with the appeal process that will accompany denying some faking asshole. Because that asshole has all the time in the world to work the system and tie up assets that would be better used on people who deserve compensation. Every one of these fakers is that guy you knew in the Army that put more effort into shamming than would have been spent getting the job done.

Many of the claims made for PTSD are rediculous (at the risk of sounding masagenistic) particularly those made by females. The VA is about to get slammed with more claims by women if this farce about sexual harassment in the ranks is allowed to continue unchecked.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

When I was out-processing, I had a physician who was USAR officer who worked for the VA, He laid out for me that I needed to apply for disability based on my injuries and medical problems. I got 40%, my retirement is reduced by the number of $ VA gives me. You are just paying yourself.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

SLEDGE HAMMER wrote: I was then forced to sit through several hours of how to milk the VA for every penny they have. Everything was all about "increasing your percentage," like it was some sort of fucking game.
I concur, my integrity was worth more than the little bit of money a lie would have gotten me.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Sadly there are a large number of veterans that make the most outrageous claims, as I am sure most of you knw. I hear this shit daily. And the only thing you can do is sit there and smile and listen to this asshole blabber about how he was a baker in Vietnam and the bakery was shut down and a South Korean General recruited him to to SOG missions all North Vietnam. Or the court reporter that claims to have PTSD from transcribing people's stories.(Both real accounts) If I tell him i know he is full of shit I don't have a job. I am of the opinion that the VBO when giving ratings will just throw a low rating on a veteran so that they will go away. One of the worst cases of PTSD our clinic has ever seen came back with a PTSD rating of 30%. Another guy was a WW2 airman who was on a ton of air missions and was legit fucked up from all of the shit he with through 30% That is just how they roll. The reason they tell you to up your claims is 1) the VA is going to fuck you over so you may as well get what you can from them 2) there are advantages to being 30% 50% as far as veterans preferences and medication co-pays ect. 3) I cannot tell you how many fucking pussies that are 100% and all they do is bitch all day long about how bad they have it. not surprising at all most of the people I see who 100% were not combat arms. But they all have a story to tell and I am certain it is bullshit. Anyway after you see this day in and out it is human nature to want to work the system and "get yours" as they say. Not that I agree with even half of what this giant goat fuck does. I will add that I rarely see a Ranger and if I do I never see them whining like a bitch just to get a few extra dollars. Anyway I am quitting in 5 weeks so fuck em.

Edit: I fucked up my back when I was in from a parchute training mission. I am sitting on an ice pack right now and I get denied and denied and denied for my back. It pisses me off and makes me want to start papering the VA with claims. I vchoose not to because tha is not what I dobut this is not an uncommon course of action. By not taking care of a person's legit claims that person will turn around and try to get their PTSD claim raised from 30% to 90% or whatever. I see it all the time.
Last edited by Baseplate on July 1st, 2013, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

What others do or have done with their VA claims is of no consequence to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I don't disagree. But many many many others might.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Baseplate wrote:I don't disagree. But many many many others might.
Yeah, I have gotten reamed before. Someone took offense when I mentioned that sleep apnea being service connected is a joke. I have compared the short-term enlistees milking VA to welfare recipients.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Baseplate, I think some of the mentality seen in the civilian transition training is based on past behavior. Once upon a time, it was damn near impossible with a tractor trailer of paperwork to get benefits. It is my understanding this has changed quite a bit, but the mentality is still there.

That doesn't change the fact that pogues will be pogues no matter where they may have spent some history....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The Mosh Pit”