Josephprettydeepwater Sitrep # 2

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Do pullups! That's one of the main things you'll do in Jump School (unless things have changed). Keep up the good work Joe!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

EarthPig wrote:Do pullups! That's one of the main things you'll do in Jump School (unless things have changed). Keep up the good work Joe!
RLTW
EP

Very good point......nice catch Ranger, Thanks!
Last edited by Hoover on October 27th, 2006, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

EarthPig wrote:Do pullups! That's one of the main things you'll do in Jump School (unless things have changed). Keep up the good work Joe!
RLTW
EP
Roger that Ranger EarthPig.
I am currently doing an average of 30 pullups a day plus rope climbs.
I'll make sure to up the numbers.
Thanks for the help and once again all the useful information.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

We do do a lot of pullups. Everytime you enter and exit the company area, you gotta knock out 10. They definitely add up over time. And don't be the shitbags that just run past if no ones looking.
A co 3/75 '07-'10
BrianT
Inprocessing

Post by BrianT »

They made the PT test where you just hang from the bar for 10 seconds in the up position. I guess they figure its more relevent to a slip or something.

Deepwater, make sure you don't get out of shape though when you do go to airborne. I'm sure you've heard this before. It's real fucking easy to do. The PT generally sucks. but the actual training still wears you out enough where you don't feel like doing jack shit after you get off.
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Sitrep

I inprocessed on friday into Airborne School. Im in D co 2nd plt.
Monday morning we take the airborne APFT. My only concern as of now is passing the pt test. I've never had a problem doing so, just been hearing rumors about the 41 club. My last real PT test I did 79 PU's so I should be ok...
More sitreps to come in the future.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Here's the latest from Joseph in Ground Week:

Ranger Hoover,
Sorry I was not able to get back to you sooner.
Ive been busy all week with ground week. I finished up today and am looking foward to tower week Monday... Although I feel like I got into a fight with the earths surface and lost Oh well..
On my airborne pt test I ran a 13:34. Im not happy with it, but since i've only been running again for about a month I didnt expect much more. I will continue to work on it and get it back into the 12's where it was prior to my injury. Unfortunatly the Black Hats stopped us once we completed the minimum requirments. So Im not able to give you correct number for my PU an SU. Although, last night on my own I pt'ed and decied to do a 2 min push up set. I ended up with 75. Max is 72 so I am good to go, although I wont be completely happy with my score until its upwards of 85. I also did sit ups and knocked out 70. Sit ups is definetly my weakest even so I'll be working on them tomorrow morning.
I believe thats about everything.
Hope life is California is going well! Haha, I havent been home since the end up march. Oh well, I enjoy the Army quite a bit and honestly dont miss home all that much anymore.

~Joseph

OSUT Graduate.
Currently in Airborne School.

Ranger Hoover's Mentee eek......
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

I know that I'm a day late and a dollar short on this thread but...

If you're a holdover of any kind - you are the scum of the earth, even if you've graduated the course you're being held captive in. For two simple reasons. One - if you're there, it means someone has to pull CQ or SDNCO and can't drink that night. Two - If you're there, there's someone else there with you, and they're probably some wrist-slitting, PT-failure, prozac-taking, pregnant, code-riding, profiled son of a bitch, that is causing someone to pull CQ or SDNCO and can't drink that night. Which usually means the CQ can't drink, the 1SG can't drink, the CO can't drink (because the 1SG is drinking the CO under the table...)
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92

Return to “Letters from School”