Josephprettydeepwater Sitrep # 2

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Hoover
Ranger

Josephprettydeepwater Sitrep # 2

Post by Hoover »

Joseph PrettyDeepWater wrote:Ranger Hoover,
Im now in Airborne hold.
For some reason the DS's at MCU got tired of my buddy and I recovering in the bay so they sent us back to our old companies. From there our 1sgt sent us to airborne hold. For the last 2 weeks we have been re-habing. Wednesday we started jogging and tomorrow I'll do the same. Other than that my new DS (one of them SF and Ranger) keeps us in shape. Since we still have a good month of so before we are ready for airborne our DS's decided it'd be a good opportunity for us to go to Javelin school. I agree, its much better than sitting in the bay or doing details.
So, for the next 2 weeks I'll be held in the ABN hold bay but going to Javelin school. Once we complete that we should just about be ready for ABN.
Other than that, I got a great opportunity to take a handgun class from another SF guy. 3 of my buddies and I took the class room portion today and monday after Javelin we are meeting him at the range for the shooting portion.
All in all life is good, but of course Im getting anxious to continue on the path that I have set before me.

Take care Ranger Hoover.

~Joseph

Here is the latest from Joseph....he is determimed as ever,focused, and patient.....and that what it takes....Drive on and get some Joe!
I'm proud of you young man. RLTW!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
BrianT
Inprocessing

Post by BrianT »

I'm pretty sure I know Deepwater, as I only know one guy who had a RIP contract from 2nd platoon, C co, 1/19 and later ended up getting sent to rehab shortly after arriving at ABN Hold. Good luck man. Just stick with it.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Sounds like he's staying busy. Keep up the good work, Joseph! Thanks for the report, Hoover.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Thanks Hoover for the up date. Joseph PrettyDeepWater do not forget your mission and get it done, damn you drive on you will get there but do not give up, I"m on the side lines for you and Ranger Hoover expects it so does your family.
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Other than that, I got a great opportunity to take a handgun class from another SF guy. 3 of my buddies and I took the class room portion today and monday after Javelin we are meeting him at the range for the shooting portion.
Handgun class ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Good deal. If you can find something to keep you busy, associate with the right people and learn something all the while doing rehab, you are on the right track.

Keep your head up and stay out of trouble!
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Your good attitude will prepare you for what lies ahead. Keep it up and never, never, never.........
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Good luck and keep drivin'
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Good SITREP, thanks!
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Flesh Thorn wrote:
Handgun class ?
Ranger Flesh Thorn,
The handgun class that I was talking about is a class off base. A SF Sergeant started it and myself and a few of my buddies got in on the class. We completed the class room portion last week and are hoping to hit the range this week.
The school name is Black Side Solutions.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Lesson for the other DEPs is that although Joe got hurt, he is not wasting his rehab time. The Javelin training will come in handy later. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Keep it up Joseph, stay focused.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Don't quit.
It's all good.
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Well I spoke with the doctor yesterday and she says continute re-hab this upcoming week and Monday the 16th as long as nothing changes I'll get my RTD and should ship to Airborne that friday.
Thats good news for me, my job now is get back into running shape!
Also, I completed Javelin school wednesday so I'm back to sitting in the bay and going on details...Oh well.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Thanks for the update. I would urge you to avail of your free time and do loads of push ups and flutter kicks and sit ups. Work towards maxing out push ups and sit ups for the APFT.......as for the run, your feet shall determine the final time, but for sure max out the first two events, that's 80 and 80 roger?......you've got the Blue Cord and that's great, well done, now for the best part, jump school will be a blast and then on to the Ranger Indoctrination Program. Get your Wings and then your Scroll.
Sets and stages......it's a good time of the year to go to Benning...not too hot.....good jumping weather! Pay close attention to all of the instruction!
Focus on what lays ahead and make good use of the time right now....do push ups and lots and lots of them, you'll see what I mean later.....it's all going to pay off....do the work Joseph.....hang tough and go after it!
Good Luck Amigo!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07

Return to “Letters from School”