Surgery Tomorrow (Update)

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RBL_M1A2Tanker
US Army Veteran

Post by RBL_M1A2Tanker »

GSXRanger wrote:Ok... made it out of surgery fine. Groggy as fuck last night, I don't remember checking out of the surgical center. Stayed one night in a hotel down town, but now I am back at home.

The doc fixed my MCL / LCL, and had to remove part of my meniscus on the left knee. They did a re-section and bone graft on my right collarbone, titanium plate and eight screws... plus, they had to fix my right rotator cuff.

I am in a sling, eating percocets like candy... but, I will recover. I can actually type, since my fingers move well.

I got 30 days of Con Leave, so I will become the resident post whore, Im sure. Just can't wait to be verified, so I can get out of the inprocessing lane...

Thanks for all the well wishes guys / gals...

Cheers!
Did you check to make sure they didn't take anything they weren't supposed to? :lol:
EvilCouch wrote: "CDAT? Coffin of Death, with A Turret?"

RBL_M1A2Tanker wrote: "I like that...when I die I want to have a turret on the coffin. I want people to trip over my big gun when I'm buried...till the grounds keepers get tired of mowing around it and cut it off with a hacksaw..."

SGT, US Army (Reserve)
A Co 1-8 Cav, 1st Cav 98-00
D Co 2/334/9/84th Inf Div (IT) 00-05
ETSed Sept 05
rum_snuggles

Post by rum_snuggles »

Glad to hear you made it out in one piece, Ranger GSX. Now recover quickly!
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

RBL_M1A2Tanker wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:Ok... made it out of surgery fine. Groggy as fuck last night, I don't remember checking out of the surgical center. Stayed one night in a hotel down town, but now I am back at home.

The doc fixed my MCL / LCL, and had to remove part of my meniscus on the left knee. They did a re-section and bone graft on my right collarbone, titanium plate and eight screws... plus, they had to fix my right rotator cuff.

I am in a sling, eating percocets like candy... but, I will recover. I can actually type, since my fingers move well.

I got 30 days of Con Leave, so I will become the resident post whore, Im sure. Just can't wait to be verified, so I can get out of the inprocessing lane...

Thanks for all the well wishes guys / gals...

Cheers!
Did you check to make sure they didn't take anything they weren't supposed to? :lol:

LOL... well, they did draw a big YES on my left knee, and right shoulder. Kind of sad that they have to mark where they will operate on... geez. I asked them to perform the "add-a-dic-tome" and the nurse flipped back my gown... took a look, flashed a big smile... and said... "Ranger... you are packing PLENTY!"

Hooah!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Five days out, and I am fine. The knee fix was done by Orthoscopy... so, only three little holes. Rotator cuff fix was the same way. But, the Collarbone, not so lucky. Got some hardware in there... Doc says he is leaving it in.

Cant believe I lasted almost two years with a busted collar bone... finally got it fixed. Hopefully, it wont give me any pain when jumping... doc seems to think I will be ok with the plate still in.

I have weened myself of the Percocets. I hate the numb balloon headed feeling they give me. Back to Ranger Candy... 800mg three times a day.

I am on 30 days Convo Leave... Gotta LOVE DLI!!! Then, I roll back into another class and start back with Arabic. Now, if ONLY I can have the internal dicipline to study vocabulary while I am out of school... I will do very well when I go back.

Thanks for all the well wishes...

Here's a look at the Zipper...

RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good looking scar, too.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Good news Brother, glad to hear it! Oh, and don't worry 'bout the scar, chics dig 'em!! :twisted: :lol:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

Glad to see you are on the mend Ranger GSXRanger!

Enjoy your vocab. A friend of mine just sweated through his Arabic DLPT last week there.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

SmileyTFJ wrote:Glad to see you are on the mend Ranger GSXRanger!

Enjoy your vocab. A friend of mine just sweated through his Arabic DLPT last week there.
I know all about sweating that. I DLPT in Spanish and French already... now, Arabic.

I made it all the way to C-13 (C-15 is the final accademic phase) so I was in the third semester... My class that I just rolled out of, will be the first class to take the DLPT-5 for record. They are not having much luck with the DLPT-5 across the board.

So, since I get to recycle, I am rolling back to the begining of the second semester... around C-8 or C-9... this will give me tons of time to practice.

Thanks for the well wishes gang... :wink:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Glad to hear all went well, Bro. Here's wishing you a complete and speedy recovery. BTW, they nicked your Tab! :shock:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

EarthPig wrote:Glad to hear all went well, Bro. Here's wishing you a complete and speedy recovery. BTW, they nicked your Tab! :shock:
RLTW
EP
Trust me... the Doc owes me a case of beer for that one!! :wink:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Tater Nuts wrote:Be sure and write "I'm not here for a sex change" on your penis with a sharpie. You can never be too careful.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Get well brother Tater Nuts is speaking from personal experience.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Damn, I hope they the time make my scars more tightly stitched than that. Where'd the get the student surgeons? UCD Veterinary Department?
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

GSXRanger wrote:
EarthPig wrote:Glad to hear all went well, Bro. Here's wishing you a complete and speedy recovery. BTW, they nicked your Tab! :shock:
RLTW
EP
Trust me... the Doc owes me a case of beer for that one!! :wink:
thought those things were indestructible
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92

Return to “The Mosh Pit”