May I join the Army at 33 and become a Ranger?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Space Cowboy Four Wheeler
Egg

May I join the Army at 33 and become a Ranger?

Post by Space Cowboy Four Wheeler »

OK, I'm one of those guys that didn't know what he wanted until later in life. I'm 33 years old, am married with 2 children, want to join the Army, go through Basic and then become an Army Ranger. Is this still possible? I know I can enlist until I'm 34, so that's fine, but what about Ranger school? Is there a deadline for this?

Also-stupid question, can someone join the Army Reserves and become a Ranger without going into active? I would assume NO...that if you're going to be a ranger you're going to be active.

Appreciate the site.

thank you
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you know what, i'm going to ask for a high speed DEP to test his knowledge and answer this question.

any volunteers?

EDIT*** NEVER MIND.... LOOK DOWN.
Last edited by hit_it on January 21st, 2005, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

You can join the Army and recieve a Ranger contract if you're otherwise eligible.

Don't worry about age, you get a chance to go before you turn to dust.

read my forum, you'll learn a lot of things here.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hbe3812
Embryo

Post by hbe3812 »

I am in the exact same boat I also have wife and two kids. 12 years in the guard already airborne qualified ,serve in aLRS unit. Not enough !!!!!
INTERSTED IN A 2YR RANGER CONTRACT. I want o do my part just like you. Age doe not matter that;s what eevryone on here keeps saying. My friend I bid you good luck o nyour journey, May the RANGER GOD BLESS YOU.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

HBE, stop jumping from post to post.

if you have an opinion or something useful, by all means.

but don't do that "my dick is bigger than yours" shit in my house.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Silverback wrote:OLD MAN! That's what your title will be in The Army. I applaud your venture and admire your computer demonstrated grit. The fact remains that this game is a game of young men and in order to be successful you'll need to compete with those young men for the position you apsire to achieve.

At the RIPE OLD AGE of 37 I am a dinosaur in the Army (All that Ranger stuff scares me) but I also have 20+ years exeperience. You will encounter an enviroment of little to no sympathy and any utterance from you that even resembles an excuse will be crushed.

I recently have experienced problems with a soldier, he is 30 years old and is a Private. He seems to think that due to his age and perceived matrurity that he should be dealt with differently "Than some 18 year old punk". Needless to say he recently suffered a deceleration of rank due to demonstrating disrepect to someone senior (in rank not age)to him.

So as with all noobs I welcome you, but with you I'll add this: There are 10 better abled and more willing men vying for the position you want. So get hungry, stay hungry and prove yourself worthy of a position that will be hard fought for.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “Recruitment Process”