SITREP FROM LOOKATMESARN'T (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Thanks for the sitrep LAMS. So I am to guess you finally started Airborne school. Good luck. Drive on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Keep your knees to the breeze! :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Things are always bizarre when you see some new guys come onto the site and think 'they'll never make it', and others you think 'That dude's got the right mindset and he'll make it' and they don't make it.

There is no mutherfucking telling who will make it and who will not. Cause you can't see what is in a man's mind, his heart, or his spine.

Drive on LAMS.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Keep on keeping on. Eyes forward...never look down or back.

RLTW
Bell
NewRecruit82
USAF Veteran

PRESS ON!!!

Post by NewRecruit82 »

Keep pressing on. There is no turning back! I am very jealous!

FYI: I am so SICK of hearing about guys going in with BAC and RIP contracts and throwing them away like trash!! :evil: I cannot even get them in my contract because I'm over 30 but I will volunteer/beg to get those slots before I get out of OSUT. Venting complete.
USAF-SP-12th MS/SCOM(93'-97')
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: SITREP FROM LOOKATMESARN'T

Post by Bugsy »

LookAtMeSarn't wrote:.....
you all would be surprised at howmany soldiers quit and just gave up their rip contracts, and some even their airborne ones.
No we wouldn't because we've ALL seen and warned you bastards that when you get to Airborne School that's when people will start quittin and coming up with all kinds of fuckin "EXCUSES" why becoming a Ranger wasn't such a good idea for them after all.

Fuckin makes me wanna puke when I remember so-called "I wannabe a Ranger" fuckers, I recall when I was in 43rd herd about 10 went to the 1SGT saying all kinds of shit on how they didn't want to go to RIP because of this or because of that........

YOU FOCUS ON DOIN WHAT YOU GOTTA DO YOUNG STUD, WE'RE ALL PULLIN FOR YOU AND YOU BETTER FUCKIN MAKE IT OR WE'RE COMIN OUT THERE TO KICK YOUR MANGY ASS!!! :twisted:

Good luck!!! 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Keep rollin' bud. You will look around in a few year and realize that you are the only one left out of your RIP class and that there is no one left at all. Do not falter.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

This is just the beginning of who you are becoming! Good job, Soldier!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Hey Rangers and the rest of yous guys. Lookatme is in my company along with a few other squared away Rippies. You guys have no idea what kind of shit people say to try to justify quitting before they even start. I know of two guys who got their contract during basic and wanted to quit. It seems like out of the Rippies there are the 100% motivated ones and then there are only slugs no inbetweens. The main reason seems to be the rumor of the HUGE holdover...the way I see it, holdover just is a time to get in even better shape so fuck it.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Blacksrt4 wrote: The main reason seems to be the rumor of the HUGE holdover...the way I see it, holdover just is a time to get in even better shape so fuck it.
That's a crappy excuse! "Oh, I'm too high-speed to wait around for my training...screw RIP, just give me a weapon so I can go KILL, KILL, KILL!" :roll: Give me a break. You'll see a LOT more quitters and a LOT more excuses the longer you stick it out. Everytime one of those pussies 'tosses in the towel,' use their failure as fuel and incentive to push you farther towards your goal.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Blacksrt4 wrote: You guys have no idea what kind of shit people say to try to justify quitting before they even start.
I think we have a "decent idea" of the lengths people will go to in order to rationalize their own medocrity! This has not changed over the years and I am sure it is not going to change anytime soon.

Airborne Instructor trying to help Trainees quit wrote:"There's coffee and donuts in the white house"
I am not the only Ranger who heard this every run during ground week.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Silverback wrote:

Airborne Instructor trying to help Trainees quit wrote:"There's coffee and donuts in the white house"
I am not the only Ranger who heard this every run during ground week.
Yeah we got a Airborne Instructor in my company who says "coffee and kryspy kream in the back of the truck...just get on the truck" our class had 16 quitters on the first day and a few more since.

Return to “Letters from School”