New nute introduction- Dylan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

smokeeater1061
Tadpole

New nute introduction- Dylan

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Hi Ranger's Id like to start by saying thank-you all for being that 1%. I will start by saying I am twenty three, 6'1,195lbs. For the last 4 months I have gotten serious about becoming a Ranger, I have been a lurker on this thread and others for some time at least five years or so. My father was E/51st Americal Division. My father is the embodiment of what it means to be a Ranger, he lives it every day at the young age of 66. Some of these values have already been instilled in me.

I have memorized the phonetic alphabet, army values, most of the rank structure and have the Ranger creed on my wall, it is kind of difficult to memorize but I will continue to memorize more everyday. I scored a 57 on my ASVAB with a GT of 114, and am currently working through the first steps of the enlistment process, If I am a go and continue on to get a Ranger contract I will update further.

I was a volunteer firefighter for three years, my pt is something that needs heavy work, but I started back in April of this year not being able to do more than 1 pull-up, 25 push-ups and 25 sit-ups and not even able to complete a 1 mile run. I have in this time quit smoking, lost 20lbs as I weighed in at 215lbs. I completed my first 6 mile run two months ago and everyday I am getting better. I average running 20-25 miles a week now over Missouri hills cross-country on gravel and into town on asphalt.I live about 14 miles from Fort.Leonard Wood. I gave myself a pt test and pushed to the max and did not count the last 5 on pu or su because I do not believe they were correct form and a 1 mile run, I still cant run a two mile for time but I improve everyday. I workout 7 days on 1 week 6 days on the next, running everyday 2,4,or 6 miles.. btw I am up to ten pull-ups as of two days ago

Here are my results from my pt test self administered 40 Push-ups, 36 sit-ups, and 1 mile run in 9:45 I was hard on myself if it was a full effort until muscle failure and I could not push one more complete up or sit up one more complete, I did not go at a slow pace on my run. I gave 110 % and slept all day to day, as my body is recovering. I failed I know but I am improving, my goal is to surpass the RPFT. I am not here for pity or answers to questions I can find myself, I signed up for mentor-ship and to add to my commitment to wanting to be apart of one the baddest fraternities on planet earth. Rangers Lead The Way ! If I am not allowed to say that tell me and I will correct myself, Thank you all.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: New nute introduction- Dylan

Post by Jim »

Welcome Dylan. You recognize the need for personal improvement. That's a good thing. Have you been talking to your local recruiter? Never, never quit!
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Thank-you Ranger Jim. Yes I work with a Recruiter about 350 miles away in a different state, but I am keeping up to date with him. Waiting to move forward and see if I goto meps I am still early on this path. If I may ask when should I post another PT assesment ?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

kbk1061 wrote: If I may ask when should I post another PT assesment ?
Give yourself a couple weeks. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger that Ranger Jim, I will also post an update as to my enlistment status.
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome. PM inbound, kbk1061.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
smokeeater10

Introduction- Dylan-aka kbk1061

Post by smokeeater10 »

09/27/2013 Hi Ranger's , I will start by saying I am twenty three, 6'1,203lbs.
I was a volunteer firefighter for three years, my pt is something that needs work, I started back in April of this year not being able to do more than 1 pull-up, 25 push-ups and 25 sit-ups and not even able to complete a 1 mile run. I have in this time quit smoking, lost weight as I weighed in at 215lbs. I completed my first 6 mile run. I workout 6 days a week running almost everyday. I need to improve distance and speed. The motivation is here and my mind is strong, I will never quit !

Here are my results from my pt test self administered 40 Push-ups, 36 sit-ups, and 1 mile run in 9:45 I failed I know but I am improving, my goal is to surpass the RPFT. I signed up for mentor-ship and to add to my commitment to wanting to be apart of the 75th Ranger Regiment. Thank you for reading. Thank you for your service.

*Sitrep* 12/29/13

My fitness is improving my best times and scores are as follows
Situps -60 under two minutes until muscle failure
Pushups- 40 until muscle failure
Two mile run- 17:20
7 - 10 pull ups. Ive begun the last week 125 pushups & 125 situps a day or better in as many sets as needed but until muscle failure. My goal is to increase to 500 eventually but aiming at 175 apiece a day over the day for now with strength training, and other calisthenics.
Update as to status of my enlistment, my recruiter in Arkansas failed me, I am now working with a more local recruiter but I may be destined to go back to school and get my education back to par. Thank you for your time Rangers.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

bump
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Steadfast it appears he started another intro thread here last night.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=64796

Newb Dylan, do 50 push ups for creating more work for the Admins here to unfuck.

Pay attention to detail.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
smokeeater10

Post by smokeeater10 »

Roger that Ranger cams. 50 Push ups completed immediately.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

kbk1061 name change is smokeeater1061.
His most recent re-intro has been merged into this topic - so some posts may seem out of context.

Carry on Mr. Fireman. You are G2G (Good to Go).
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Dylan, you are lucky that everyone is in a Christmas mood. Knock it off and get your act together. This is not facebook!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Roger that Ranger Jim. Thank you again Ranger Steadfast.
*Sitrep*
I am going to sign up for classes in a couple of hours, to start my first step to becoming a Ranger.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

smokeeater1061 wrote:Roger that Ranger Jim. Thank you again Ranger Steadfast.
*Sitrep*
I am going to sign up for classes in a couple of hours, to start my first step to becoming a Ranger.
...and?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
smokeeater1061
Tadpole

Post by smokeeater1061 »

Ranger Jim, college has been closed due to the flash freeze and snow. Will give a sitrep friday.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”