Thanksgiving with a side of RASP

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

SilentService
USN Veteran

Thanksgiving with a side of RASP

Post by SilentService »

So my son is in RASP now, just started week 1 and we knew his class was being let out for thanksgiving break.

Since we live next door in SC and he was driving we told him to “load up the car with as many battle buddies as you could and we will play host”. We have all been away from family at holidays and it’s definitely tough. So why not give them a home cooked meal and all share some stories.

So they arrived last night and it was good to see him and his group, we hadn’t seen our son since boot camp graduation and this is his first leave since joining the Army 10 months ago so he was ready to come home also.

So there I was its about 18 hours to go before thanksgiving, listening and laughing and watching these 4 hungry young soldiers descend on my fridge, and food supply and it hit me…

“I think I am going to need a bigger turkey” MUCH BIGGER!! :D

It’s great for these kids to get a break, thank you instructors for continuing to wreak havoc on their numbers and to eliminate those unable to make the cut.

Again Happy Thanksgiving and stay safe to those reading this with sons in harms way.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Thanksgiving with a side of RASP

Post by Jim »

Excellent. Just another thing to be thankful for.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

I'm sure you have a great time, and probably zero leftovers!...Good Luck to your son.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I hope they got a pass! The cadre are pretty good about figuring out who goes outside the 50 mile radius. Glad they all got a good home cooked thanksgiving meal though, I would have killed for the same when I was stuck on benning.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “The Mosh Pit”