Mt. Rainier 2012

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Mt. Rainier 2012

Post by Steadfast »

RIP Park Ranger Margaret Anderson.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

xray wrote:As far as I know this is the first line of duty death for law enforcement of 2012. This is at the hand of an Iraqi war vet. Senseless death. (some of or soldiers need some help, there seems to be a lot more of this happening.)

RIP Park Ranger Margaret Anderson.

http://www.king5.com/home/Ranger-shot-a ... 05173.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
While I share your legit concerns for our soldiers, some of whom, will need some help reintegrating into slimevillian life, I get the feeling this isn't the case here. I'd put $20.00 on it that this shitstain was a POS long before any service time and probably a PSG's biggest headache while in (again, just a hunch, call it LEO premonition).

Its pretty well documented that many gangbangers, thugs and other assorted POS have served for nothing more than the training to take back to their homey's and former careers. This is gonna result in many more LEO deaths as well as "non-combatant" civilians. IMHO, things are gonna get much worse and as I stated to our board members earlier who are out there on the streets.......
It ain't worth your life, don't walk into something you have any doubts about walking out of and for God's sake watch your arse! " A coward will drop a hammer on your ass LONG before a hero will!"

Prayers are out on this end of the US for that officers family.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

What a shame! Prayers out for Ranger Anderson and her family.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Your link is pulled at the moment, probably for an update. Here's an associated story - apparently the suspect is wanted for another shooting as well.
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Ranger- ... 05173.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Though it has nothing to do with this story, does anyone know why the officer's face was scarred?
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

xray wrote:Colt- I agree it is not all, and he did have a lot of problems. The media often puts the spin on things making it seem like it is the military part of things causing all the problems. Many of these guys had problems way before the military. The dangerous part is they now have some tactical experience.
Exactly! And that goes for the ones with otherwise "good intentions" and those without.
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RIP to the Park Ranger and prayers to her family and kids. Sad story.

I was a little surpised that this cat didn't last 2 days on his own in the bush. Anyone know what unit or type of training he had?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Cams, looks to me as if he took off before he took a deep breath and thought it out. No 'go-bag' prepared, just hit the hill with what he had with him. You don't last wearing party-wear in the high peaks :P

Park ranger in national forest. Goes to show that that there are no 'safe' LEO positions.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

So from what I've read, he had gear in his car, but abandoned it. I have also read that this kid had problems well before joining.

Also, the only claim around PTSD was on the restraining order the baby-momma filed against him. The press just likes to wave the 'mentally unstable vet' flag whenever they get a chance.

Bottom line is that dude is looking more and more like a POS that happened to be a vet, not a vet that turned in to a POS.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Understood, and agreed, both Kevin and Lunch.

Crazy to think they wouldn't at the very least double-up a car so far from back-up, especially during a manhunt. I hope this practice is not an end result of "saving a buck" with the final cost being these men and womens lives.

Ranger X, your "bottom line" in your post, says it best I think.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”