Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

bakersfieldgi
Egg

Introduction

Post by bakersfieldgi »

My name is Abe, I am not a Ranger, but I have a few buddies who are and I've always respected them a lot more than others. One of my coolest memories, was in 2004, we were coming back from over there and I saw a guy I went to MP school with (in 1991). He and I went to Desert Storm as privates and I haven't seen him since. So I see him at this gym in Balad, we recognized each other and started BS'ng. So after an hour, we're done with our workout and he puts his top on, and he's got all kinds wings on, plus a Ranger tab. That was pretty cool.
This is one of the things I've always wanted to do (I'm in my 40's now), but just knowing these guys, is as close as I'm gonna get. So, I figured by coming to this site, well, I can kinda peek in on some of the talk and what not.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Hi Abe. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing all right. Are you still on active duty? Enjoy our hospitality. You are certainly welcome.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
bakersfieldgi
Egg

Post by bakersfieldgi »

Yes, still in, but doing the National Guard thing now. Shipping out soon too. Was gonna retire 2 years ago, but when I started filling out packet, I couldn't.
bakersfieldgi
Egg

Post by bakersfieldgi »

Jim, quick question, if you don't mind... How can I find out if a guy is a Ranger? There's a guy in town who says he is, but I truly doubt it. I don't want to just call him out on it. But he has whoppers of stories (Notre Dame grad, dentist, firefighter, to name just a few). And the few Rangers I know really don't talk of their conquests to the layperson. Actually, they are all very intelligent and humble of the things they do. And I know how difficult it is to be one of you all, so hearing a guy say he is, if he isn't... well, that is very disrespectful.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome bakersfieldgi.

I've moved your topic to the correct forum & upgraded your title.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

bakersfieldgi wrote:Jim, quick question, if you don't mind... How can I find out if a guy is a Ranger? There's a guy in town who says he is, but I truly doubt it. I don't want to just call him out on it. But he has whoppers of stories (Notre Dame grad, dentist, firefighter, to name just a few). And the few Rangers I know really don't talk of their conquests to the layperson. Actually, they are all very intelligent and humble of the things they do. And I know how difficult it is to be one of you all, so hearing a guy say he is, if he isn't... well, that is very disrespectful.

I'm not Jim, but I'll try to answer. First, you have to be aware that it is OK to lie your ass off in order to get laid! Other than that, you have to be on the up and up. It's also OK to stretch the truth when busting out a poser. Just call RTB and tell them you have a man who may join your Nasty Guard Unit that claims to be Tabbed, give them his name and the time frame he claims to have been in and you should get your question answered. You should be able to get their number with a google search.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Furious George
Ranger

Post by Furious George »

Slowpoke wrote:
bakersfieldgi wrote:Jim, quick question, if you don't mind... How can I find out if a guy is a Ranger? There's a guy in town who says he is, but I truly doubt it. I don't want to just call him out on it. But he has whoppers of stories (Notre Dame grad, dentist, firefighter, to name just a few). And the few Rangers I know really don't talk of their conquests to the layperson. Actually, they are all very intelligent and humble of the things they do. And I know how difficult it is to be one of you all, so hearing a guy say he is, if he isn't... well, that is very disrespectful.

I'm not Jim, but I'll try to answer. First, you have to be aware that it is OK to lie your ass off in order to get laid! Other than that, you have to be on the up and up. It's also OK to stretch the truth when busting out a poser. Just call RTB and tell them you have a man who may join your Nasty Guard Unit that claims to be Tabbed, give them his name and the time frame he claims to have been in and you should get your question answered. You should be able to get their number with a google search.
First, you have to be aware that it is OK to lie your ass off in order to get laid!
Shit, I used to tell the women that I was in the Ninja Battalion...never worked...then I said I was a Top Gun graduate...also a no go... :(
A Co. 2/504 ('86-'87)
Recon Plt. 2/504 ('88-'90)
Operation Just Cause

RS 14-88

Return to “Introduction Archive”