Souldier Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Souldier
Ranger

Souldier Intro

Post by Souldier »

Gentlemen,
Thank you for your service and for what you continue to provide as mentors on this site. I have spent the last several years finally accomplishing some of my lifetime goals, having at times taken the scenic route to get here. I am happy to say I never gave up on these goals (some of which I am still pursuing) and successfully became Ranger-qualified a few years ago. Following that I had the privilege to serve with a Platoon of America's finest young men (with occasional women attached) with the 10th Mountain in Afghanistan. I am currently working as cadre at Infantry OSUT where I have the self-imposed responsibility of mentoring the young men with Option 40 contracts. I actually found this site while researching some info for them. While some of them are disappointing, some of these young men re-affirm my belief in this nation through their determination and grit. I will be happy to pass on any advice those of you with recent RASP experience may have for them. I have printed out a couple of the stickies on this site as some additional reading for these Ranger Candidates.

Thank you for your continued service!
Souldier
479th EN Bn (Res) 1997-06 )(activated 2003-04)
3 BDE, 3ID 2006-07
Went to the dark side at the Benning School for Boys (OCS)
IOBC and RS (Class 08-08)
3BDE, 10th MTN 2008-2010 (AFG)
USASD (DCP)
2/54 IN, 192nd BDE (OSUT Cadre)
goon175
Ranger

Re: Souldier Intro

Post by goon175 »

Welcome to the site, sir. I went throught 2/54 for OSUT, Aco and Cco. Thanks for doing what your doing for those opt. 40 contracts, too many guys take that contract because it was available when they were picking a job at the recruiters office, and actually have no idea what it entails. Hopefully your efforts help a few more good soldiers make it!
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Souldier
Ranger

Re: Souldier Intro

Post by Souldier »

Thanks for the welcome Goon. You are so right about these kids...about half of them had no idea what the Regiment was when they signed off on the contract. In the meantime there are several others who are have read up and want nothing more than to go to RASP and then Regiment...but of course the Option 40 wasn't available when they went to MEPS. Gotta love our recruitment/accession process....
479th EN Bn (Res) 1997-06 )(activated 2003-04)
3 BDE, 3ID 2006-07
Went to the dark side at the Benning School for Boys (OCS)
IOBC and RS (Class 08-08)
3BDE, 10th MTN 2008-2010 (AFG)
USASD (DCP)
2/54 IN, 192nd BDE (OSUT Cadre)

Return to “Introduction Archive”