Introduction - Nathan

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Nathannnn
Embryo

Introduction - Nathan

Post by Nathannnn »

Hello, my name is Nathan. I live in the Kansas City area of Kansas. I've recently sworn in with the 11x Option 40. I am scheduled to ship to Basic in January. I've found my way to this forum while searching around the internet for any information I can find on the ARMY and Ranger School. I'd absolutely love to answer any questions asked of me.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Nathan

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Nathannnn.

I've upgraded your title & sent you 2 PM's. One PM is the site ROE.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Nathannnn
Embryo

Post by Nathannnn »

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Welcome, congrats on the contract, and good luck.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for enlisting. You may want to look at some of the other introductions and give us more information about yourself, after all this is your introduction and it leaves a lot to be desired.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your desire to serve our great country as an Army Ranger. My first and best advise to you would be NEVER QUIT!
My wife grew up in Edwardsville, KS and went to school in Bonnersprings, Ks.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Nathannnn
Embryo

Post by Nathannnn »

Ranger al_2ndWolfhounds,
I left a lot out of my introduction. Most everything that has happened to me up until this point seems unimportant. However, I guess that isn't completely true. So here we go. As I child, I was placed into the "gifted" program at my school. At an early age this gave me a big head and I decided that I was "too good" for homework. So, for the rest of my school career, I've done little to no homework assignments. This obviously makes for very bad grades. I will still getting very good grades on tests, but tests scores alone certainly can't carry you to A's and B's in high school. In high school, I spent several hours a day playing the video game Halo 2 (and then Halo 3 once it was released). I didn't do well in high school. I ended with a 2.48 GPA. I took my ACT and earned a 27. More recently, I completed 2 years (65 credit hours, specifically) at a community college. As with high school, I simply didn't try. My degree plan was for Accounting. I more or less picked that because I needed to pick _something_. My plan, as is many people's, was to go to community college for 2 years, then transfer to a state school (KU). However, that won't be possible with me joining the ARMY. At first, I went to talk to the local recruiter and sign up for the Reserves. I would miss this entire year of school due to Basic and AIT (I didn't go into the recruiting office until mid-summer). And that was fine with me. I would just be a year behind, with the upside of having all of my school paid for. Then, I had some odd realization one day. No longer did I want to just coast through life. I didn't want to be _that_ guy anymore. I had a sense of purpose. Like I really wanted to do something important. The Rangers seemed like the obvious remedy to my needs. I'm really, really looking forward to the challenge that will be presented to me. Right now, I'm having a great time hitting the gym 4 times a week, playing Ultimate Frisbee 4 days a week, and running (not as often as I should). I'm soaking up all the information I can on Basic, AIT, RIP, Airborne School, and Ranger School. I'm very, very excited to start my new life. Since I don't ship until January, I figured it would be a good idea to go ahead and take a couple more college courses at the community college, then I'll finally have the Associates Degree. I think that pretty much sums everything that I want to say. Hopefully the wall of text isn't too bad on the eyes. Thank you, Rangers.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting to serve our country as an Army Ranger.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”