The greatest thing in life could be the hardest!

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

cccbebad
Egg

The greatest thing in life could be the hardest!

Post by cccbebad »

My name is Chase XXXXX, X Navy EOD Diver. I enlisted into the Navy in 2005 to become a Navy EOD Tech. Graduated from EOD Dive school in Panama City, Fl in April of 2006 and futher went on to EOD Tech School, at NAVSCOLEOD Eglin AFB, Fl. While at NAVSCOLEOD I got in to a very serious motorcycle accident. Broke my leg, tore my PCL, dislocated my ankle, and fractured my hip. After 2.5 years of rehab my enlistment was up and I was giving a few options.

1. Start training all the way over, from the PRE-phase in great lakes all the way through to the END..... FML

2. Re-Up and pick another NON SPEC WAR RATE..... once again FML

3. Get out, go back to school, claim VA, and live the easy and relaxing life.... Not so bad... or so I thought!

So as you can tell I picked option 3 because it was easy and I was very DISCOURAGED and frustrated with what all had happened, and also lost faith in my self to be able to go through training again!

Before the accident I was a STUD! I am not trying to brag or be a dick or put anyone down, but man I was good at what I did! I loved PT, I loved being beat down on the grinder (pavement, I dont know what yall call it in the ARMY) and my score I would like to think were very competitive! Pulls ups were 20+, push ups were 85+, sits up were 100+, 1.5 mile in 9 min, and my 500 yard swim was in the 7 min!

But now for the downer.......

I am in my 2nd semester at school and I hate life! I am tired of waking up every morning and going to school with all these libral queers, and tight pants wearing emo kids, and mostly I am tired with myself, for letting the best thing in my life go!

So as of 3 weeks ago I started working out 2 times a day, I am doing a mix between Cross Fit, P90X, and long distance running! No my scores are NO WHERE close to what they once were but my leg feels great and my 2 mile the other day was in 13 min, which may not be fast yet but will be when I am done!

I want to enlist again, but this time I want a gurantee of action over seas and with an ELITE group of guys I can trust with my life! I have done reseach and my mind is set up on becoming a Ranger.

Now the questions I am asking you are!

1. What are the PRO and the CON, no matter how good the job is there are always CONS!?
2. What are COMPETITIVE scores I should have before I go back to the recruiter!?
3. Is there a specific work out that has been proven to get the results needed for this program?
4. Whats it like having an elite group of brothers that will do anything for their family? I miss that feeling and I really do not know what it is like anymore....
5. Whats it like over seas?

Any and all information would help, I know its going to take a lot of time, effort, sweat, and probably some throw up but I am dedicated to what I want! Thank you very much for the "extra" service you have put in to this country and hopefully one day I can do the same!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: The greatest thing in life could be the hardest!

Post by Jim »

Well, Chase a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. While you violated our policy on PERSEC and you put this in the wrong area, I've fixed the problems for you. Sounds like you are determined. Please begin by reading all the FAQs, as well as selected stickies and threads. Most of the issues you raise are questions that have been answered, so use the search feature. Also please remember that you are our guest here and we expect you to respect our hospitality. What you want to do has been done before -- and yes, it is worth it! Never, never quit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cccbebad
Egg

Post by cccbebad »

My apologies for posting in the wrong section I have been using my wireless device while I sit through Statistics class so this indepth website is difficult to navigate! As you said, when I get to my computer I will search for my questions! Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated! Have a wonderful day!
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

cccbebad wrote:My apologies for posting in the wrong section I have been using my wireless device while I sit through Statistics class so this indepth website is difficult to navigate! As you said, when I get to my computer I will search for my questions! Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated! Have a wonderful day!

Just a suggestion......

But when addressing a RANGER ON OUR SITE, DO SO PROPERLY !!!!! THATS RANGER JIM TO YOU.

You obviously failed to conduct a proper Recon of this A.O. prior to posting, and VERY obviously failed to read our rules and suggestions prior to hitting keys on your keyboard, wireless device, underwater fax / copier / I-pod / plasma-computer in the 40 wyatt range, what ever device.

Back slowly out of the mine field and re group, READ the ROE's, sugestions, and let the search button be your friend.

Any compliants, just hit the little red X in the upper right corner of your screen.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome sailor, most of us have the greatest respect for EOD! It's a blast, I hear tell.

This is a good site to explore the Ranger Regiment option, but beware, it is a very difficult option to get as prior service. Further, make sure your re-enlistment codes are clear for unlimited duty.

If you do get in, your previous EOD training will be useful, no matter where you wind up.
DO WELL IN SCHOOL. It might not be your thing right now but one: you need to establish a positive track record for life, it begins with an excellent GPA. Someday, you will retire or discharge from the military and you'll be going back to school.
Two: no such thing as too much schooling. Learn what they're offering now, quit after the semester is over.

Welcome aboard. and turn off your damn electronics in class.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
cccbebad
Egg

Post by cccbebad »

Thank you Ranger Ingraham for your respectful and informative post. Yes I know my Droid should be away in class but with a 3.4 gpa I do seem to slack often! I do not like the word quit but I do plan on exploring the Ranger option at the end of the semester! Thank you once again and I will be pm'ing you for more information!
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Welcome cccbebad

I didn't think prior service had to address anyone as Ranger according to our SOP ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
fusion94
Tadpole

Post by fusion94 »

Flesh Thorn wrote: I didn't think prior service had to address anyone as Ranger according to our SOP ?
That was also my impression Ranger Flesh Thorn but perhaps I am just deaf, dumb and blind from my service in EOD. Or perhaps it's all the single malt I drink.
Scout/Snipers CSC 4/502 Infantry Berlin Brigade - (1986-1988)
Scout/Snipers HHC 3/7 Infantry 24th ID - (1989-1991)
Operation Desert Shield/Storm - (1990-1991)
Detachment 1, Company B, 1/20th SFG(A) (1991-1992) (NQP)
666th Ordnance Company (EOD), 1992-1994
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

fusion94 wrote:
Flesh Thorn wrote: I didn't think prior service had to address anyone as Ranger according to our SOP ?
That was also my impression Ranger Flesh Thorn but perhaps I am just deaf, dumb and blind from my service in EOD. Or perhaps it's all the single malt I drink.

Excerpt of SOP/FAQ http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1842

Code: Select all

If you are a Ranger's wife or non-Veteran parent you are expected to address all Rangers on this site in the form of 'Ranger Username'. If you don't like this requirement, seek company elsewhere. 

Veterans of the Armed Forces, US and Foreign you have our respect and thanks for serving and are not required to do so.

If a Ranger has Ranger user name then it is required.

& cccbebad it is K.Ingraham not Ingraham - this little tidbit is just info, just call a Ranger by their actual name shown. It is however a very good idea to read the FAQ at the top of each forum. Glad your here cccbebad.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
fender
US Army

Post by fender »

If you are able to get an army EOD contract, you can waive the first 10 weeks of EOD school and possibly more (if you are still confident in your knowledge of ordnance).

Return to “Introduction Archive”