Intro; KK52

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

KK52

Intro; KK52

Post by KK52 »

Well, I've been advised that I need to post a proper introduction. I'll give it an effort, but my wife might argue the "proper" part. LOL

Relatively short version: I'm old and slow. (You do NOT want me to be the one carrying and M-4 defending our young men!) Worse, I'm a paper-shuffling tax accountant.

I was of the age to sweat the draft when VietNam was the center of attention, but had the situation of having a college deferment AND a high draft number. In retrospect, not being in the Army when the occupant of the Oval Office was selecting bombing targets, was probably a good thing. But I didn't learn that minor detail until much later.

I have one son who wears a Ranger Tab, and another who will finish BCT when he recovers from a pesky little ailment commonly called a broken ankle. After that, his object is ultimately to graduate Range School. And I do believe that he has the pride, ambition, and ability to accomplish that objective.

Me? Other than the previous, I'm just a civilian who happens to be a political activist. I'm the one of the ones who (figuratively speaking) is jumping up and down on the heads of politicans to make sure they fund the military and leave us a liberty worth fighting to keep. And in the past couple of decades, that has become an increasing point of concern. But we can never stop, we can never waver. "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." When I first heard that statement, I didn't understand that it, by necessity, included riding herd on the politicans.

Be forewarned: I am opinionated, Conservative, and often outspoken. But, most of the time, I try to be nice.

-- Ken
Oto-Man
Ranger

Re: Intro; KK52

Post by Oto-Man »

Welcome here Ken. Thanks for raising warriors!!
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
KK52

Post by KK52 »

Sometimes.......my brain works faster than my fingers.

Obviously (hopefully), "Range School" was supposed to be "Ranger School". And "object" was supposed to be "objective".
And if I could find an "edit" feature, I'd have just done that.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Good on your sons!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

KK52 wrote:Be forewarned: I am opinionated, Conservative, and often outspoken.
Well you might as well just leave. Most of us are granola eating, hopey, changey, tree huggers.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
KK52

Post by KK52 »

to Lunch: Uncertain, but if you are referring to the incomparable {thankfully!} Michael Moore, just tell him that there's a health-care crisis involving people roaming around the streets with guns and completed funded by eeeeevil Big Business, in a remote but important location about 100miles west of Los Angeles. Offer to give him an airlift, complete with "quick insertion" equipment; be sure to give him two parachutes.....
(oh, that was tacky!) :evil:
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for raising two patriots.

On this forum you should use the title when referencing some one such as Ranger Lunch. As you know from your Ranger son he worked very hard to be a Ranger.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
RangerTee
Ranger

Post by RangerTee »

Welcome, Ken.
K.Ingraham wrote:Good on your sons!
X2, K.
"War is an extension of politics by other means" - Carl Phillip Gottfried von Clausewitz - "On War"

http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U.D. for VII Corps LRRP, C/58 LRP, B/75 RGR for 75th Ranger.Regt.Assn.

Class 2-73
B/75: 72-74
Co.B,1st Ranger Bn.: 74-75
Div.Pathfinders-T.L.,101st Abn.
75thRRA.L.M.#1820
D.A.V. Life Member (75-current)

Return to “Introduction Archive”