lie at MEPS?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Cisco4711
US Army

lie at MEPS?

Post by Cisco4711 »

During Christmas week 2009, I got pulled over by a state trooper for 103 on 65. All I was issued was a citation nothing more; I plan on fighting this citation. I informed my recruiter of this incident and he told me not to mention it to MEPS because it won't come back in a police check being so recent. He also said that as long as I take care of it before I leave, I'll be fine.
What is yall's opinion on this matter of lying Rangers, considering Im also going through a security clearance check?
173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team
Feb 2010- Present
Oto-Man
Ranger

Re: lie at MEPS?

Post by Oto-Man »

What the hell are you doing going 103 in a 65? And you want to be a Ranger? But your gonna fight it? But you wanna lie at MEPS so your recruiter gets the points for signing you up?

Wow....Just wow...

In FL, over 100 is Automatic Arrest... what were you thinking, mister "out of control speed demon guy?"

This Buds for you...good luck. Sounds to me like you just shot your shit out...hope it was worth it...

That is the kind of shit that got really good soldiers RFS'd from Batt.
Acting stupid in public.
"Break only in case of war" only counts after you PROVE yourself...and then sometimes it still doesn't count.

Wow again...

Someone who is kinder and gentler help me here...I'm just gonna stop.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Cisco4711
US Army

Post by Cisco4711 »

Ranger Oto-Man,

It is the same here in Texas in regards to the automatic arrest you referred to. My record was clean and the trooper decided to cut me a break apparently. I will get this issue taken care of before I leave, but I am just following what my recruiter told me do.

P.S- The reason I am fighting it is because I don't think I was going 103; I remember doing 90-95 so he might've clocked me wrong or perhaps it wasn't properly calibrated.
Feb 2010- Present
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Cisco4711 wrote:Ranger Oto-Man,

It is the same here in Texas in regards to the automatic arrest you referred to. My record was clean and the trooper decided to cut me a break apparently. I will get this issue taken care of before I leave, but I am just following what my recruiter told me do.

P.S- The reason I am fighting it is because I don't think I was going 103; I remember doing 90-95 so he might've clocked me wrong or perhaps it wasn't properly calibrated.
Oh well that's different then.... Drive on!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Cisco4711
US Army

Post by Cisco4711 »

Roger that Ranger JLTW!!!
Feb 2010- Present
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Cisco4711 wrote:Roger that Ranger JLTW!!!
The only answer that could have saved you...so maybe it did...

nice...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Guys, damn...lighten up. Fact is, the questions they ask involve "do you have an outstanding warrant or action against you". If he takes care of it then....the answer is fine.

I would also remind some of you that your entry (mine included) into the Army was not only advocated by a Judge but put in terms of..."get your ass in the service and Ill drop these _____________________ charges". (Insert your own violation. (Driving with the intent to kill, assault, inciting a riot, sex with donkies, ect....)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:Guys, damn...lighten up. Fact is, the questions they ask involve "do you have an outstanding warrant or action against you". If he takes care of it then....the answer is fine.

I would also remind some of you that your entry (mine included) into the Army was not only advocated by a Judge but put in terms of..."get your ass in the service and Ill drop these _____________________ charges". (Insert your own violation. (Driving with the intent to kill, assault, inciting a riot, sex with donkies, ect....)
And don't forget: "Sheep lie."
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Don't be an ass. Pay the fine and join.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Bravo57 wrote:Don't be an ass. Pay the fine and join.
Exactly!
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Cisco4711
US Army

Post by Cisco4711 »

There is no fine to pay yet..
Today I called the courthouse to find out how much the fee was and it turns out the state trooper hasn't stopped by to drop the ticket off. Until he drops it off, I can't do anything about it; Or he might just lose or forget about it
Feb 2010- Present
Reiver
Ranger

Post by Reiver »

Jim wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote:Guys, damn...lighten up. Fact is, the questions they ask involve "do you have an outstanding warrant or action against you". If he takes care of it then....the answer is fine.

And don't forget: "Sheep lie."

Always?
http://english.pravda.ru/science/myster ... man_face-0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Border Reiver
V/R...Reiver sends

Course 5-78
B/2-75th INF, 1976-79
Ft Bragg, NC, 1981-2006
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Cisco4711 wrote:Ranger Oto-Man,

Cisco4711 you made a mistake. LEO's have a job to do, don't make his life any harder than it already is by fighting over a few mph. You broke the law but you may have an out here in the Republic of Texas. Most moving violations can be worked off by going to the city clerk's office and getting the requisite forms to negate the violation by taking Defensive Driving. You will still have costs to pay but the violation will not be entered on your record. Just hope you weren't going so fast that they won't let you have this out.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Return to “Recruitment Process”