What's the best concert you've been to?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

What's the best concert you've been to?

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

Following the cd player thread I figured I'd ask what the best concert ya'll been to was. Mine would probably be seeing John Prine a couple years ago. That was one hell of a show...that old joker played for a good three hours, he'd had surgery for throat cancer a couple months before but he sounded great. Another good'un was Joe Satriani and Chris Duarte at the House of Blues New orleans....that was some damn fine musicianship.

Best concert I had a chick drag me to was Clay Walker and Martina McBride....I didn't want to go but ended up having a good time...Clay stopped in the middle of the show and started taking requests from the audience, and this was a stadium crowd. He ended up playing "Wonderful Tonight" by Clapton and "Whiskey River" by Willie just to mention a few. Martina McBride was good too..that little woman can sing her ass off.
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

Here is a list of some of the best shows I've been to.

1. U2 & Primus Zoo TV tour at 3 Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, PA

2. Guns 'N Roses opening for Motley Crue at the Greensboro, NC Civic Center

3. Oingo Boingo at the Volusia County (FL) Fairgrounds
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

1. Bizzare Fest (1 day outdoor festival), Germany: Therapy?, The Levellers, New Order and a host of other bands I was too messed up to remember. I played Hacky Sack and drank wine with a band of gyspy the night prior to the show.

2. Rock Am Ring(2 Day outdoor festival), Germany: Rage Against the Machine, Nina Hagen, Aerosmith, Soul Asylum, Therapy?, and a host of other bands I was too messed up to remember. I slept in my Dodge Shadow.

3. Motley Crew, TacomaDome, Doctor feel good

4. X, Wakiki
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RGR_Dan
Ranger

Post by RGR_Dan »

1. Faith no more, Metallica, Guns n roses. (Meadowlands,NJ)
2.Lolapalooza 1992 (Waterloo village,NJ)
95-98 Aco. 3/75 2nd plt Weapons Sqd
98-01Hco 121st LRS
Former LEO
Former Contractor
LEO (round 2)
C.Morris
Paratrooper

Post by C.Morris »

Fuel and buckcherry was fucking awsome because it was my first concert
4th RTB January05 to Present
"When you know that's all you got, there's always a little more." Quoted From Door Gunner
Tay Depp
Soldier

Post by Tay Depp »

Does the Brittney Spears concert count, i couldnt stand up for a few minutes tho.. :lol:

nah, forreal prolly OZZ Fest.
"You cannot be disciplined in great things and undisiplined in small things. There is only one sort of discipline - Perfect Discipline"
-General George S. Patton Jr.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

The Black Dahlia Murder and As I Lay Dying!!!! :twisted:
Ranger Hopps
Ranger

Post by Ranger Hopps »

Tay Depp wrote:Does the Brittney Spears concert count, i couldnt stand up for a few minutes tho.. :lol:

nah, forreal prolly OZZ Fest.
Ima have to go with ozzfest as well!

Chevell, disturbed, Marilyn Manson, Korn, and OZZY!!!!!!!!!! Plus at ozzfest this last summer, Zakk Wylde of Black Label Society was Ozzy's lead guitarist, he did a 20 min solo! It was the most incredible solo i will probably ever see in my life! He did behind the back, one hand, then only the other hand, only his mouth, behind the back one hand, all this without missing a cord! Zakk Wylde is a guitar GOD! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hopps
1/75 Feb. '05-Jul '08

RS class 04-07

Ranger Saltbitch wrote: "...you will face fear and pain. Do not stop, do not listen; it will only give you excuses to quit."
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

KISS
Black Sabath
Rolling Stones (all 3)
Led Zeplin (King Dome)
Steve Miller
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Eric Clapton and B.B. King
Muddy Waters (with a little known group called The Bob Margolin Band)
Charlie Daniels
Tom Petty
Robert Cray
Jake and Elwood (The Blues Brothers)
NRBQ
Oh and James Brown The Godfather of Soul back in 1968 (my very 1st one, I was just a lil pup back then) :shock:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Sturgis.

What? That don't count? They have live music everywhere you go morning, noon and night for 10 days! And naked chicks and burnout pits and beer and..........

Okay.

Pearl Jam, 1995
Kiss, 1997

Angry's post reminded me:

Journey, 1982ish the Escape tour
Last edited by Vee on July 8th, 2004, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RSD 96-99
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Back in the day:

Scorpions(1984)
Jimmy Buffet(1983ish)
Molly Hatchet and 38 Special('83)
Van Halen('84)

Current:
Lynyrd Skynyrd(2003)
Journey(2004)
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Shallow Grave
Ranger

Post by Shallow Grave »

Rolling Stones, twice. My parents took me both times. Once when I was 12, again when I was 16. I have to laugh about it now considering my dad is a very conservative attorney/golfer. He is about the last guy you would expect to take his 12-year-old son and 13-year-old daughter to a rock concert. Once we got to the stadium and I saw what the typical Stones fan looked like I just looked up at my dad and said, "I can't believe you like the same music as these people." Then I saw the show and never doubted his taste in music again.
C Co. 3/75 Ranger Regiment
Nov. 2005-present
Ranger School Class 04-08

Adapt and Overcome. Don't whine, just do it. Don't complain, just do it. Don't put on a suck face and want sympathy. Man the fuck up. - Ranger Disinfertention
lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

Godsmack and Metallica (March 30, 2004) in Casper.
My ears bled for a week. It was fucking great.
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
Who Do?
Tadpole

Post by Who Do? »

The Strokes (House of Blues, Myrtle Beach)

Spring break, lots of girls, none naked :cry:
Ranger Bell wrote:You fellas are men, or soon to be. Act like it. Ya want something, get it. She's cute? Take her. hahahahahhaa

Return to “The Mosh Pit”