Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

ChipOnShoulder

Introduction

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

My name is Cook. I was a medic in Bco 3/75 2nd plt. from 1997-2001. I never went to Ranger school, but bearing the scroll for 3 1/2 years was definately rewarding and an honor. The experience has helped me deal with some real nasty situations back home and in the Security business since then. I am currently in Iraq on a security detail and will be home in a month after a six month tour. I am not promising anything to anyone but if you are interested in this line of work post some questions and hopefully I can point you in the right direction. I have ran into three Ranger buddies since I have been over here and they may be able to help as well. It was hard finding a job that paid worth a damn when I got out and I don't want any other quality Rangers facing the same problems.
Besides there are too many damn Marines in this line of work anyway :twisted:

Sua Sponte

"Doc" Cook
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Russ. Thank you for your service to our country. Stay safe where you are. As you are in your 5th month I am sure you have a good routine. Still, keep them eyes open and trust no one but your buddies.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Welcome to the fold, Doc!

RLTW
RSD 96-99
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Welcome and thanks for your service!!!
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome aboard.

We have to talk.

RLTW
Bell
ChipOnShoulder

How quickly the cake eaters forget

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

How quickly the cake eatin' 60's reject hippies and thier kids forget:

Blackwater boys shot, blown up and torched.
More Blackwater guys shot and torched on the BIAP road.

forget the cables we need the dobermans.

The fun has just begun over here I gotta tell ya!

Doc
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome aboard Doc. Good to have you here.
DocDaigle

Welcome

Post by DocDaigle »

Welcome brother, good to have you here. Drop me a PM when you get a chance.

Doc
ChipOnShoulder

Re: Introduction

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

[quote="B/3/75/2doc97-01"]My name is Cook. I was a medic in Bco 3/75 2nd plt. from 1997-2001. I never went to Ranger school, but bearing the scroll for 3 1/2 years was definately rewarding and an honor. The experience has helped me deal with some real nasty situations back home and in the Security business since then. I am currently in Iraq on a security detail and will be home in a month after a six month tour. I am not promising anything to anyone but if you are interested in this line of work post some questions and hopefully I can point you in the right direction. I have ran into three Ranger buddies since I have been over here and they may be able to help as well. It was hard finding a job that paid worth a damn when I got out and I don't want any other quality Rangers facing the same problems.

Sua Sponte

"Doc" Cook[/quote]
Saltbitch

Re: Introduction

Post by Saltbitch »

B/3/75/2doc97-01 wrote:
B/3/75/2doc97-01 wrote:My name is Cook. I was a medic in Bco 3/75 2nd plt. from 1997-2001. I never went to Ranger school, but bearing the scroll for 3 1/2 years was definately rewarding and an honor. The experience has helped me deal with some real nasty situations back home and in the Security business since then. I am currently in Iraq on a security detail and will be home in a month after a six month tour. I am not promising anything to anyone but if you are interested in this line of work post some questions and hopefully I can point you in the right direction. I have ran into three Ranger buddies since I have been over here and they may be able to help as well. It was hard finding a job that paid worth a damn when I got out and I don't want any other quality Rangers facing the same problems.

Sua Sponte

"Doc" Cook
Did I miss something? Check your PM's; thanks.
Ron375
Ranger

Post by Ron375 »

Welcome Beano doctor

I might know some of the guys you practiced on
Bco 3/75 RGR '91-'93
1st Plt 60 gunner
Class 9-92
LRSD 312MI 1CD '93-'95
Voted ArmyRanger.com "Most Abrasive Asshole" '04
Daniel_Boone
Paratrooper