Confiscated Arms?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
number77
Embryo

Confiscated Arms?

Post by number77 »

A question here.
What is done with the guns confiscated from the enemy? I've heard that in WWII soldiers were aloud to take some home, but i didn't know if you could still do it?
Bell

Post by Bell »

I can't see where the question will help you in any way, fashion, or form. Therefore, nunya.

RLTW
Bell
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

They don't let soldiers bring them home any more if that is what you're thinking. I would like to have a RPG and a case of rockets for ground hogs and stuff.... :lol:
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
number77
Embryo

Post by number77 »

Bell wrote:I can't see where the question will help you in any way, fashion, or form. Therefore, nunya.

RLTW
Bell
Ranger Bell, I was asking because on the history channel they said that in WWII the guys that took home Japaneese guns as souveniers were asked to file off the symbol on top. (so they wouldn't feel degraded) I haven't heard about people keeping these guns modernly. (plus i'm sure the enemy doesn't take very good care of them). I also recently saw a picture of someone in iraq holding up what looked like an AK47, a paratrooper AK and an RPK all plated in gold. They were ugly, but still intesting.
Bell

Post by Bell »

number77 wrote:
Bell wrote:I can't see where the question will help you in any way, fashion, or form. Therefore, nunya.

RLTW
Bell
Ranger Bell, I was asking because on the history channel they said that in WWII the guys that took home Japaneese guns as souveniers were asked to file off the symbol on top. (so they wouldn't feel degraded) I haven't heard about people keeping these guns modernly. (plus i'm sure the enemy doesn't take very good care of them). I also recently saw a picture of someone in iraq holding up what looked like an AK47, a paratrooper AK and an RPK all plated in gold. They were ugly, but still intesting.
I'm a grown man. I don't need explanations. I can deal with it.

Why do all you guys have to explain yourselves? You asked, I answered, end of conversation. Got another question? Ask. But I don't give a rat's ass WHY you do anything. I don't care if your girlfriend is begging ya to ask the question and promising a blow job. I'd pay a dollar to watch but I don't care why your asking. I don't care. I really don't fucking care.

I don't want to hear another clarification or explanation from any DEP or newt for actions or questions. I don't wanna ever hear....the reason I did, or the reason I asked, or......

I don't care what the reason is. If I wanna know, I'll ask. I don't care.

RLTW
Bell
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Bell wrote:I don't care what the reason is. If I wanna know, I'll ask. I don't care.RLTW
Bell
Roger that...I HATE it when they explain, like I give a shit. :x :roll:
1st Ranger

Post by 1st Ranger »

number77,
Never ever try to explain yourself. Just move out and execute! Now, to answer your question, yes, the Army has a system in place for bringing back weapons for individuals to keep. There are a few limitations on what you can bring and what you can't bring, and, AND, your chain of command has to also authorize it. For instance, while we were in Afghanistan, we were told that we could bring back certain rifles that we found, bought, stole. They had to be a bolt action (no semi or full autos) and they had to be older than ...well, I think that they couldn't have been made after the teens or '20's(that's 1900's). You had to fill out a form that the Jag office had and you had to lock it up in your unit's containers during redeployment. I may have missed some of the finer points, but that about covers it from what I can remember.
Last edited by 1st Ranger on June 30th, 2004, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

placebo wrote:Image
They watched 'The Man with the Golden Gun' a few too many times. :lol:
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

A GOLD PLATED FUCKIN MP5 WITH A FACTORY AUTHORIZED SILENCER, DAMN I THINK I'VE FINALLY SEEN IT ALL. :shock:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
number77
Embryo

Post by number77 »

Sorry Rangers, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Won't happen again.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

number77 wrote:Sorry Rangers, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Won't happen again.
Yes it will. Maybe not by you; but rest assured, it will.
Smiddy
Ranger

Post by Smiddy »

The Fedayeen loved the bling-bling weapons. I had a chrome-plated(more like tin) Dragunov. REMFs love captured weapons, they get to take pictures with them and pretend they're real soldiers. The best use for them captured weapons is to trade with the REMF COs and 1SGs for gear and supplies your FOB is not supporting you with. They get to display them in the camps that they never leave.
"NEVER WITHOUT HONOR"

C Co, 1/75; 92-00...HHC, 1/75; 00-02
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Smiddy wrote: They get to display them in the camps that they never leave.
Meanwhile, you get to enjoy the 'spoils' of the barter! 8)
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

They ruined a perfectly good MP-5SD. :cry:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99

Return to “Weapons of War”