Disqualifying?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
lilbrawler
Embryo

Disqualifying?

Post by lilbrawler »

Is a splenectomy resulting from trauma a disqualifying factor to become a RANGER?And if not...do any of you know how that would affect me if I was to try or know of anyone who has done it?I still run,do pushups,situps, etc.Ive searched and found nothing.
thank you
Live to Fight,Fight to Live
Bravo57
Ranger

Re: Disqualifying?

Post by Bravo57 »

Do you still have your spleen?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
lilbrawler
Embryo

Post by lilbrawler »

No RangerBravo57...they removed my spleen after I was crushed between 2 semi-trucks,it doesnt DQ me from enlisting because it resulted from a trauma accident but the recruiter doesnt know if it DQ's me from trying to become a RANGER.S\
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

My guess is you would need a medical waiver, but I have no idea if its a disqualifer. How busy can that recruiter in West Virgina be? Get him on the phone and see what he has to say. Tell him your goal is the Option 40.

I'm honestly surprised to see you posting again so soon, lets hope the outcome is better than your intro....
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Embryo

Post by lilbrawler »

Thank you RangerJurena..He said that when I goto Meps is the only way we will know if is going to DQ me from Option 40 but I was just hoping someone here would have experienced it alreay,and from here on out..i wont allow myself to post so ignorantly again so I hope my post go better from now on.I dont trust recruiters so I figured getting info from people who actually experienced everything in regards to bonuses,training,education woudl be by my best bet.

Return to “Recruitment Process”