Frap

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Hand Job
Embryo

Frap

Post by Hand Job »

Has anyone actually ever died during airborne school? And have chutes ever failed to open during school or combat?
"Well ain't that sweeter than shit" - Ermey (Gunny)

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.
Spartan

Re: Frap

Post by Spartan »

Don Job wrote:Has anyone actually ever died during airborne school? And have chutes ever failed to open during school or combat?
Yes, one Ranger burned into Operation Just Cause. I am sure the school has a record in their 60+ years of operation on parachute malfunctions.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Spartan wrote:
Don Job wrote:Has anyone actually ever died during airborne school? And have chutes ever failed to open during school or combat?
Yes, one Ranger burned into Operation Just Cause. I am sure the school has a record in their 60+ years of operation on parachute malfunctions.
I thought one just died not too long ago....

As for fraps, I like grande caramel ones......no whip...
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

BadMuther wrote:As for fraps, I like grande caramel ones......no whip...
When I order it with 'no whip' The Hottie at the one I go to always frowns and says real sultry like "Awww, you're no fun!" :twisted:
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Terry Welshan wrote:I remember when SSG Law fell out of a C141 at 1000 ft. without a chute, it didn't hurt him though.
Do tell Terry!!
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Terry Welshan wrote:I remember when SSG Law fell out of a C141 at 1000 ft. without a chute, it didn't hurt him though.
that's one hard bastard, or one hell of a clear to the rear as a safety.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Jesus H! That is the coolest story that I have ever heard! Tops Luna's breaking into the armory, and maybe even EP's 'ficghting with a dead guy"!
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Ranger Terry Welshan wrote:
We were returning from a deployment somewhere (Camp Riply I think) and making a Battalion Mass Tac on the Rock (HAAF) with all the family and friends invited to watch . SSG Law (Ranger Hall of Fame ) was a JM on one of the birds (C141's). He was an A Co. PSG and a HALO jumper. I cant remember if He was wearing a chute or just a monkey harness. Anyway, about halfway through his sticks exit he got tangled on someones weapon as they exited (his static line or safety strap) and they jerked him out, the weapon cut the line when it became tight and he was freefalling. However he was JM on the 3rd or 4th bird in the formation and he fell onto another jumpers inflated canopy. He held on and shouted to the jumper that he was riding it in. They hit pretty hard but didn't break anything. We later had a Batt. formation and he recieved a "Tiger Certificate" and a clean pair of underwear. There were a group of Rippies leaving Ogelthorpe Mall (it must have been on a Sat. morning) that saw it and ran all the way back to see who had died. My wife was in the crowd and refused to ever see another jump after that. She would wait at home till I called her to come pick me up. Sounds hard to believe but "Ranger to Ranger" that is how I remember it happening.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

~Joseph
LowCrawler
Tadpole

Post by LowCrawler »

Terry Welshan wrote:We were returning from a deployment somewhere (Camp Riply I think) and making a Battalion Mass Tac on the Rock (HAAF) with all the family and friends invited to watch . SSG Law (Ranger Hall of Fame ) was a JM on one of the birds (C141's). He was an A Co. PSG and a HALO jumper. I cant remember if He was wearing a chute or just a monkey harness. Anyway, about halfway through his sticks exit he got tangled on someones weapon as they exited (his static line or safety strap) and they jerked him out, the weapon cut the line when it became tight and he was freefalling. However he was JM on the 3rd or 4th bird in the formation and he fell onto another jumpers inflated canopy. He held on and shouted to the jumper that he was riding it in. They hit pretty hard but didn't break anything. We later had a Batt. formation and he recieved a "Tiger Certificate" and a clean pair of underwear. There were a group of Rippies leaving Ogelthorpe Mall (it must have been on a Sat. morning) that saw it and ran all the way back to see who had died. My wife was in the crowd and refused to ever see another jump after that. She would wait at home till I called her to come pick me up. Sounds hard to believe but "Ranger to Ranger" that is how I remember it happening.
Awesome story, Ranger Terry Welshan.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

"We make war that we may have peace"
-Aristotle

"A post a day keeps the smoke away"
-Doc
Bell

Post by Bell »

certiorari wrote:
Terry Welshan wrote:We were returning from a deployment somewhere (Camp Riply I think) and making a Battalion Mass Tac on the Rock (HAAF) with all the family and friends invited to watch . SSG Law (Ranger Hall of Fame ) was a JM on one of the birds (C141's). He was an A Co. PSG and a HALO jumper. I cant remember if He was wearing a chute or just a monkey harness. Anyway, about halfway through his sticks exit he got tangled on someones weapon as they exited (his static line or safety strap) and they jerked him out, the weapon cut the line when it became tight and he was freefalling. However he was JM on the 3rd or 4th bird in the formation and he fell onto another jumpers inflated canopy. He held on and shouted to the jumper that he was riding it in. They hit pretty hard but didn't break anything. We later had a Batt. formation and he recieved a "Tiger Certificate" and a clean pair of underwear. There were a group of Rippies leaving Ogelthorpe Mall (it must have been on a Sat. morning) that saw it and ran all the way back to see who had died. My wife was in the crowd and refused to ever see another jump after that. She would wait at home till I called her to come pick me up. Sounds hard to believe but "Ranger to Ranger" that is how I remember it happening.

hardcore!
He was one lucky Ranger that did what Rangers do. He was thinking all the time. He never froze or choked. He was hardcore before this ever happened. This was luck. Thinking on his feet and luck.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “About Airborne School”