Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

rickJ
US Army

Introduction

Post by rickJ »

Hi, my name is Rick, I am 32 yrs. old, graduated high school, and am currently selling my business (a small o.t.r. trucking operation).
At present I am working with a recruiter. I am waiting for my waiver to be approved before I can continue the process and swear in. I want option 40 but they are pushing for me to go 88m because of my previous background in trucking and possible clearance issues because of my credit. Any knowledge given would be appreciated. I have the utmost respect for all the operators out there but in this case, Ranger is what its all about for me. I intend to earn my place amongst you all as soon as possible. Thank you.

AFQT(self-administered)
p/u 2 min. 83
s/u 2 min. 89
2.3 mile 17.36
I would rather live one day as a lion than 10,000 as a lamb.
pellett2007
Tadpole

Post by pellett2007 »

Welcome Rick, PM inbound.
Sometimes you feel tired, feel weak
When you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up
But you gotta search within you, find that inner strength

Mentee to Ranger Bill.
Basic: 12 September 2008, Fort Benning.
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction

Post by RangerJurena »

rickJ wrote:Hi, my name is Rick, I am 32 yrs. old, graduated high school, and am currently selling my business (a small o.t.r. trucking operation).
At present I am working with a recruiter. I am waiting for my waiver to be approved before I can continue the process and swear in. I want option 40 but they are pushing for me to go 88m because of my previous background in trucking and possible clearance issues because of my credit. Any knowledge given would be appreciated. I have the utmost respect for all the operators out there but in this case, Ranger is what its all about for me. I intend to earn my place amongst you all as soon as possible. Thank you.

AFQT(self-administered)
p/u 2 min. 83
s/u 2 min. 89
2.3 mile 17.36
Welcome Rick. Why the extra .3 on the running portion?
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

I'm Rick James Bitch!

Welcome to the site. Good luck
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
rickJ
US Army

running

Post by rickJ »

In response to your question RangerJurena , the extra .3 is because I ran in my neighborhood which is 2.3 miles, I guess that is not really an accurate time because it is compromised of hills and varying terrain, will post next time I run on a track.
I would rather live one day as a lion than 10,000 as a lamb.
UNATAINABLE E5
Ranger

Post by UNATAINABLE E5 »

Welcome, I don't know what has changed, but when I joined up, you could hold out for just about anything. I was just too stupid to know that at the time. 88M is commonly reffered to as 88mistake so I would tread carefully there. As far as clearance, I know E-6(p) with interim secrets so don't give up on being a Ranger. The Rgt needs dudes, trust me I know. If you could see the latest army times you would know too.
5-08
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy."
Samuel Adams, 1779
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. Run, run, run!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Introduction Archive”