Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Modus operandi
Paratrooper

Introduction

Post by Modus operandi »

Hi, my name is Nico. I'm 17 years old and currently a senior at XXXXXXX High School, CT. I was able to secure an 11x option 40 contract and my ship date is 14 AUG 2008. I've been in good shape most of my life due to my mom being a personal trainer. I was a football captain this past season for my high school, which I feel has given me a sense of leadership and team work that I will carry with me through out my life and into the military.

I originally enlisted with a different MOS and immediately had "buyer's remorse". My parents were skeptical about me enlisting for infantry, which led me to enlist with an MOS that was not for me. My recruiter said I could reno my contract, but that they were unable to guarantee me a Ranger contract. I went and talked to a Marine recruiter, which solved all of my problems and I had a Ranger contract within a few weeks.

I'm about 5'10 and weigh 176 with around 8% body fat. I did an assesment on myself which is as follows:

push ups-80
sit ups-75
pull ups-15
2 mile run- 13:10
"Carpe diem"

shipdate: 20080814

Ranger The Sleepy Doc's Mentee
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Nico,

Welcome to the site. Feel free to check into Minor Mayhem. PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting to become an Army Ranger. It is good to learn that you stood up for yourself and got what you wanted in your contract. Be sure to read the ROE PM I have sent you and spend the time from now until August preparing yourself mentally and physically for the challenges ahead of you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, and good luck on your journey.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Silverback »

Modus operandi wrote: due to my mom being a personal trainer.
Sorry this is where I stopped reading!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Modus operandi
Paratrooper

Post by Modus operandi »

Roger that Ranger Silverback.
"Carpe diem"

rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site. Any pics of your mom?
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Modus operandi
Paratrooper

Post by Modus operandi »

Ranger rgrking,

http://www.fitnessatlantic.com/Debbie-OToole.htm

I have a different last name than my mom. This site is open to the public, if it violates persec I apologize.
"Carpe diem"

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Nico, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You are successful. Your PT scores indicate you are in good shape, and it appears that you enjoyed a supportive family. If you really want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Please explain in around 250 words why you want to serve as a member of the Ranger Regiment. Post your response here not later than midnight, Thursday, 24 April 2008. You are cautioned to submit your own work -- don't cut and paste. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

:lol: Wow... linking photos of your mom in a swimsuit... nice.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

DAMN!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I had something motivating to say, but I seem to have lost my train of thought for some reason. http://www.fitnessatlantic.com/Debbie-OToole.htm Oh well, welcome to the site.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Modus operandi
Paratrooper

Post by Modus operandi »

Ranger Jim,

Through out my life I have always strived to be better. I am never satisfied with my self or what I do. This is not to say that I am depressed or will never be happy with achievements or in completing individual goals. The reason I am never satisfied is because I know some one is better than me. There are people in the world that train harder than me and there are people who will barely train their mind or body, but are naturally gifted. I started playing football my freshman year in high school. I think it is safe to say that I am not naturally gifted or meant to play football. I started off never playing football in my life. Through out my four years in high school, I trained harder than anyone else on the football team. I never became the biggest player on the team, but I became one of the strongest and fastest players on the team. My senior football season I was named a captain. Our team went 1-9 and only won our home coming game. My school is not good at football, let alone the town that I live in. Now I'm not trying to sound cool because I was a captain of my football team or because I'm egocentric. I played varsity football for two years and went 1-9 for two consecutive years. I busted my ass for four years of high school where football is considered a joke. The point of my story is that I never quit. I dedicated four years of my life to making myself into the best player I could be and also the best person I could be. I wanted to be a captain since I was a freshman and I achieved that goal. I believe that being on a losing team and never quiting shows a lot about the character of those players who will never give up and always have each others backs.

I have learned a lot about the U.S. Army Rangers and I will say that I know more than the average person. I am not a Ranger so I will never know what it is like unless I get there myself. From the information I have learned and encountered I have never seen a band of brothers who fight harder. I've never heard a single story of Rangers giving up or quiting. I see a band of brothers who have each others back and who are willing to die for each other. Rangers are fierce fighters and show a level of comraderie and brotherhood that amazes me. Every word that is stated in the Ranger Creed is lived up to 100% and then some. Even being a member on ArmyRanger.com I see Rangers sacrificing their own time and effort in order to help others and I just don't see that any where else. I have watched every show on Army Rangers that I could and am still in the process of learning as much as I can. Becoming a Ranger seems to be one of the hardest challenges I will ever come across. For the first time in my life I see people like me quiting. Even soldiers who are in better shape than me failing. I have had my eyes set on becoming a Ranger and the more I have learned, the more I have longed to become a Ranger. I see a challenge ahead of me that I want to over come more than any thing in my life and I won't be stopped or at least feel like I can't because I know that I will never quit. I will have to be dragged away and apprehended for some one to keep me from achieving the goal that I have set my mind to.

I could sit here and say that I am proud to serve my country. I want to step into a heritage that has continued for hundreds of years that has fought for freedom and democracy across the globe. Of course this would all be true, but it is not unique. I believe that Rangers are different than every one else. There is some thing that seperates Rangers from other soldiers and this has been proven to me by everything I've learned, seen, and encountered about Rangers. I didn't want to sit here and say the same things that most kids say. Instead I have tried to show you what makes me different from every one else. My reasons may not be good enough for some people, but they put me into a mindset in which I know I will never quit or give up.

I don't need to do a word count to know that I have exceeded 250 words. I apologize and if I am to get smoked I deserve it for not paying attention to detail. Even in this assignment I feel as if I have only scratched the surface. Thank you for your time and effort, I hope my response is acceptable in the eyes of Rangers.
"Carpe diem"

Modus operandi
Paratrooper

Post by Modus operandi »

Ranger Jim,

I apologize for exceeding the word count. It came out to over 800 words. I did not have microsoft word on the computer I used. I made about 5 spelling errors and a few grammatical errors as well.
"Carpe diem"

Return to “Introduction Archive”