Man mugged while training for Army test

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Invictus
Ranger

Man mugged while training for Army test

Post by Invictus »

When I read this I had to wonder if this could be a DEP on here that failed to post his PT test scores in a timely fashion
Man mugged while training for Army test :shock:

Sat Mar 22, 6:25 AM ET

NEW YORK - Knife-wielding muggers attacked a jogger running in Central Park to prepare for an Army physical fitness test, police and his family said.

"I'm in a lot of pain," Johnny Reberon, 23, said as he returned from a hospital Friday to his Manhattan home.

He was slashed in the arm and leg by two men who accosted him around 8:45 p.m. Thursday, police said.

His mugging was near the park road where a 28-year-old investment banker was found after being attacked while jogging on April 19, 1989. She became known worldwide as "the Central Park jogger."

Reberon's attackers took his wallet and iPod, police said. They were searching for suspects early Saturday.

"When he saw all the blood coming out, he thought he was going to bleed to death," said his mother, Carmen Zega. "I cried for hours."

She said her son called 911 on a cell phone he'd tucked in one of his socks, but he was in too much agony to talk to the operator. Two bicyclists stopped and helped him, Zega said.

Reberon works as a receptionist at a veterinary hospital, but he recently decided to join the Army, his mother said.

The victim of the 1989 attack was in a coma for 12 days before beginning her near-miraculous recovery. The jogger, Trisha Meili, disclosed her identity in 2003 and published her memoir.
Full story
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Still no excuse.

Mugging should be a PT event anyway.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I'm thinking that maybe they were just trying to motivate him to run faster. Kind of like a fall out NCO with a 9mm.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
nightcrawler
US Army Veteran

Post by nightcrawler »

Rangerguru wrote:I'm thinking that maybe they were just trying to motivate him to run faster. Kind of like a fall out NCO with a 9mm.
Yeah!! and that NCO's yelling "run faster and give me your watch and wallet while you're at it!"
Last edited by nightcrawler on August 4th, 2008, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DUCTI AMORE PATRIAE
"Having Been Led by love of country"
ACO 1-506 INF BN 02-04 Camp Giant
ACO 1-506 INF BN 05-06 Camp Greaves
Currahee
Operation Iraqi Freedom (al-Habbaniyah)
ACO 2-12 INF BN 06-Present Camp Carson
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Baghdad) Al Doura District

All gave some, but some gave all!
RIP Jerimiah J. Veitch
scubask
Tadpole

Post by scubask »

This guy should not be running with an iPod outside. Safety hazard - never know if someone is honking at you because they're about to run you over. Or running up to mug you. Besides, train as you fight, right? Last PT test I took I don't remember allowing anyone to run with an iPod.
USMA 1996-2000
3/2 ID 2001-2003, 2005
3/1 SFG(A) 2003-2004
OIF 2004
nightcrawler
US Army Veteran

edited for spelling

Post by nightcrawler »

running with an ipod.....what an idiot.....you don't need an ipod LOL! only thing close to eletronic with moving parts you can run with is a watch! Anyways he's should be focused on running not trying to learn some dance moves as he run and he should of left his wallet home...and brung his camelbak if he got thirsty! :roll: well good thing he wasn't killed
His MAIN focus should have been "Hey I need to pass this PT Test not listen to my lame jams on my 300 dollar ipod! Let this be a lesson to anybody who wants to jam during a PT test....... fucking run or get stabbed and robbed.....Personally I don't feel sorry for this dumb ass! Fucking Dicky Doo!
DUCTI AMORE PATRIAE
"Having Been Led by love of country"
ACO 1-506 INF BN 02-04 Camp Giant
ACO 1-506 INF BN 05-06 Camp Greaves
Currahee
Operation Iraqi Freedom (al-Habbaniyah)
ACO 2-12 INF BN 06-Present Camp Carson
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Baghdad) Al Doura District

All gave some, but some gave all!
RIP Jerimiah J. Veitch
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Kilted Heathen wrote:Still no excuse.

Mugging should be a PT event anyway.
:D :D :D
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto

Return to “The News Dump”