question about recruitment Process

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
tenreojg
Embryo

question about recruitment Process

Post by tenreojg »

Excuse me Rangers,
My name is Jacob I am a 17 year old junior in high school I recently met with recruiter. I was woundering If some Rangers would be able to clear this up for me my recruiter kept telling me to go reserve while in high school and as soon I get back from basic over the summer he would put me in for a active duty contract with option 40 but this sounds a little odd considering that I graduate in mid December and can DEP with option 40 right now.
here is my PT
push-ups 55
sit-ups 60
palms facing in pull-ups 6
2-mile time is 14.75 min.
any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks Rangers
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

What the fuck is 14.75 min????
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Kilted Heathen wrote:What the fuck is 14.75 min????
:shock: Perhaps new math for 15 minutes, 15 seconds? :D
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
tenreojg
Embryo

Post by tenreojg »

Sorry Rangers, it was a mistake I ment to say a 14.45 min. 2 mile not 14.75 please excuse my mistake and thank you for catching it
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Do they use commas and periods on your planet?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
PT4fun
Paratrooper

Post by PT4fun »

As Sergeant vxhybrid said,(assuming you are a Sergeant because you are a recruiter)if you want to go active duty, do NOT become a split option in the reserves. That is what i did now i am waiting for my 4187 conditional release to come back from brigade...5 months later. If i would have just secured my Option 40 contract at the beginning of Senior year i would be in Airborne school by now, maybe even RIP. If you want to earn some cash during high school, get a job in fast food, if you want a jump start on your Army career, most recruiting stations hold training once a week for there DEPers, i am shure they would not mind if you attended
"You think you are tough because you are a "man"? because you grew up on the streets? let me tell you something, A man ain't got shit on a soldier!"--Drill Sergeant(E-5) Abdon
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

PT4fun wrote:As Sergeant vxhybrid said,(assuming you are a Sergeant because you are a recruiter)if you want to go active duty, do NOT become a split option in the reserves. That is what i did now i am waiting for my 4187 conditional release to come back from brigade...5 months later. If i would have just secured my Option 40 contract at the beginning of Senior year i would be in Airborne school by now, maybe even RIP. If you want to earn some cash during high school, get a job in fast food, if you want a jump start on your Army career, most recruiting stations hold training once a week for there DEPers, i am shure they would not mind if you attended
Look stud,
I realize you are trying to help. Look at the Signature line of vxhybrid.

Stop posting all over the boards. You're showing your ass. You have not even made it through to Airborne or RIP.

I'm being nice, so shut your suck.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
tenreojg
Embryo

Post by tenreojg »

Thank you Ranger vxhybrid, for the advice. I told my recruiter I wanted to DEP with an 11x/option 40 or nothing at all. Once that was said he started getting me the paper work to fill out for the contract I wanted.

Thanks alot Rangers. I am now on my way to becoming a Ranger
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: question about recruitment Process

Post by RANGER513 »

tenreojg wrote:Excuse me Rangers,
My name is Jacob I am a 17 year old junior in high school I recently met with recruiter. I was woundering If some Rangers would be able to clear this up for me my recruiter kept telling me to go reserve while in high school and as soon I get back from basic over the summer he would put me in for a active duty contract with option 40 but this sounds a little odd considering that I graduate in mid December and can DEP with option 40 right now.
here is my PT
push-ups 55
sit-ups 60
palms facing in pull-ups 6
2-mile time is 14.75 min.
any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks Rangers

With PT socres like this, an Option 40 contract is the LEAST of your worries ! :roll:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "

Return to “Recruitment Process”