Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Hughes17
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Hughes17 »

Hi, my name is Nathan. I am currently a senior in high school and on August, last year, I signed the 11x opt. 40 contract. I am currently in the Future Soldier program as a DEP. I ship for OSUT on July 9 of this year. I have a lot of respect for all who serve as Army Rangers and I want nothing more than to earn such an honorable title. And right now I understand I am just a wannabe who hasn't accomplished anything yet so I want to get help and wisdom from those who have earned that title. As of now I'm not in the shape I should be in. I have six months to train and I want to make the most out of it. I've been doing three sets of push ups and sit ups. I've also been doing long distance running, sprint intervals, and started doing some backpacking. I understand that to become a Ranger you must show excellence in everything you do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site Nathan and congratulations on securing your own option 40 contract.

To better help you, could you give us a better idea of what we have to work with? Are you height/weight proportinate or heavy? How many pushups and situps can you complete in two minutes each? How fast can you run two miles in?
Hughes17
Embryo

Post by Hughes17 »

Well, my pt is bad and I'm sure I'll get smoked for it but here it is:

2 min.
pushups- 42

Situps- 50

2 mile run- 15:00

I've got six months to train and I've already started a couple weeks ago. I want to know what I should be able to do, for someone going to airborne and RIP, before I leave for OSUT and if that goal is even possible to reach with the time I have left and what I can do now.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Yup. Scores are not that good. What you need to do besides improving them the next few months, is learn what the term 'NEVER QUIT' really means.

Start memorizing the Ranger Creed ASAP. Get that into your heart as well as your brain and you will have no problems at RIP.
Hughes17
Embryo

Post by Hughes17 »

How much of an improvement do you think would I be able to make on my PT?
Ship date: 20080709
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

you are the only one that can answer that. there is plenty of information available. find it. use it.

read the announcements and stickies in this section before you post again.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Hughes17 wrote:How much of an improvement do you think would I be able to make on my PT?
KW Driver wrote:Read the announcements and stickies in this section before you post again.
After you do what Ranger KW Driver asked you, you can answer me. I would ask, how much of an improvement have you made in the five months since August when you signed your option 40 contract? And why? Once I hear the answer to these questions, I can pretty much tell you.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site young man. Congratulations on securing your option 40.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, and good luck to you.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome to the site Nathan.

PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. I wish you luck on your long journey.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by RANGER513 »

Hughes17 wrote:Hi, my name is Nathan. I am currently a senior in high school and on August, last year, I signed the 11x opt. 40 contract. I am currently in the Future Soldier program as a DEP. I ship for OSUT on July 9 of this year. I have a lot of respect for all who serve as Army Rangers and I want nothing more than to earn such an honorable title. And right now I understand I am just a wannabe who hasn't accomplished anything yet so I want to get help and wisdom from those who have earned that title. As of now I'm not in the shape I should be in. I have six months to train and I want to make the most out of it. I've been doing three sets of push ups and sit ups. I've also been doing long distance running, sprint intervals, and started doing some backpacking. I understand that to become a Ranger you must show excellence in everything you do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Umm, not bad young man. Not great, but not bad.

You DO need to work on your physical fitness. Your ship-out date will be before you know it.

Keep your head up, drive on, and NEVER QUIT.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome...

Now get out there and run. and then run some more.

Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

Welcome to the site Nathan. Glad you made it here. Like I told you in the past there's all the info you need on this site.

Now do PT & beat your face!

MSG Glenn.
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG

Return to “Introduction Archive”