My introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Meberly2
Embryo

My introduction

Post by Meberly2 »

Hola, my names Matt. I'm a sophomore in college, majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in Spanish. I recently put school to the side to enlist in the army to be a airborne ranger, I know i probably should of just finished school and joined as an officer but I really didn't want to wait any longer. My mothers fiance is and ex ranger and he got me interested in the profession when i was in high school. I've been talking with a recruiter for sometime now and scored really well on the practice ASVAB.

For the last 2 months I've been studying for the ASVAB just to be on the safer side, and my mothers fiances been giving me work outs to get me some what in shape for the Rangers... He wakes me up at various times at night to go run the toepath and do his little push up/side up/pull up drills hes came up with.

A lot of my family served/serving in the Military ands a big passion of mine and I will never give up once I'm there, I think i have what it takes mentally and physically. Please send me any mess. to help better me before I leave.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: My introduction

Post by cams »

Meberly2 wrote:Hola, my names Matt. I'm a sophomore in college, majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in Spanish. I recently put school to the side to enlist in the army to be a airborne ranger, I know i probably should of just finished school and joined as an officer but I really didn't want to wait any longer. My mothers fiance is and ex ranger and he got me interested in the profession when i was in high school. I've been talking with a recruiter for sometime now and scored really well on the practice ASVAB.

For the last 2 months I've been studying for the ASVAB just to be on the safer side, and my mothers fiances been giving me work outs to get me some what in shape for the Rangers... He wakes me up at various times at night to go run the toepath and do his little push up/side up/pull up drills hes came up with.

A lot of my family served/serving in the Military ands a big passion of mine and I will never give up once I'm there, I think i have what it takes mentally and physically. Please send me any mess. to help better me before I leave.
By the looks of your post, you should stay in college until you start paying attention and/or learn something.

Attention to detail is key here. Others will be along shortly.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to Army Ranger. com
Rugger275
Ranger

Post by Rugger275 »

Start By FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS!
Rugger
C Co. 2/75
2nd Plt. 1st Squad
96-99
Class 8-98
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the Site.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome! If you will look, listen and pay attention to details, you can learn a lot here.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Meberly2
Embryo

Post by Meberly2 »

Well, I'm here to learn :!:

Also sorry for some typos in my intro, I was in a hurry and didn't go back and correct anything.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Meberly2 wrote:Well, I'm here to learn :!:

Also sorry for some typos in my intro, I was in a hurry and didn't go back and correct anything.
You plainly state you're here to learn, well you better start learning pretty quick stud. You'll find in the military, all branches, that excuses don't cut it.

DEPS, square this kid away please.

Meberly2, a Ranger or DEP will be along and send you a PM (private message) with very specific rules and regs in it as far as this site is concerned, until then I suggest you just read.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

" Hola " ???

WTF ?

:roll:
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Msg Sent. Check your PM's.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Welcome!!!

RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome. Have you already enlisted, or is this the plan for the near future?

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome to the site Matt.

Please read my inbound PM immediately.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Meberly2
Embryo

Post by Meberly2 »

Welcome. Have you already enlisted, or is this the plan for the near future?
No Ranger, I'm in the process of enlisting. I'm heading to MEPS next week to take my ASVAB and select my MOS (11b option 40).
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I thank you for your desire to become an Army Ranger. There is nothing better you can do on which to base the rest of your your life. Keepu us posted on your enlistment progress.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”