C/C Weapon

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

C/C Weapon

Post by roadtheshortbus »

I'm look for a concealed/carry...first off I'm not a gun guru...I shoot average but looking to get better...What I'm looking for is a .40 or .45 easy to conceal so I'm thinking a 3" barrel....The trick is I'm a lefty so I need an ambidextrous safety,mag release,slide lock I think thats it.... oh and all for $400 or less.
Can someone lead me in the right direction, suggestions, or just educate me. And remember KISS.

Thanks
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

I can tell you being a lefty automaticly adds to the price tag.... Thats why I have figured out how to deal with it. Left handed people are the most discriminated aginst on the planet.......
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

rgrpuck wrote:I can tell you being a lefty automaticly adds to the price tag.... Thats why I have figured out how to deal with it. Left handed people are the most discriminated aginst on the planet.......
I agree... I carry a Glock at work and my reload is as fast as a right hander... I'm just looking to make it a little easier for me on my pow....Hell I've never done it before I'm going to have to teach myself something new.
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

ALl my weapons are right handed....I Am not sure if I could operate a left handed gun properly.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

I carry a SA XD .40 subcompact. It has ambi-mag release (I'm also a lefty) but not slide release. I just grip the top back of the slide. I'm a fan of major muscle movements and rarely use the slide release. That works for me.

S&W makes a sub compact with all of those features (Sigma, I think), adjustable backstrap, ambi mag release, ambi slide release, etc. and are featuring a deal where you get a $50 rebate and 2 extra mags (3 total). My boss bought one yesterday and made me go with him.

That's a whole 'nother story. Let's just say this; my boss is loaded and re-living his childhood. He never had any weapons, so made me go with him on company time to 'shop.' I gave a wink to the gun shop owner and proceeded to direct my boss to the expensive shit. $5000 later he was happy, the gun shop owner was happy, and I got to waste 3 hours. Good deal all around.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Thanks for the input...I'm going with the SA XD subcompact .40 or .45...haven't decided on that...fits my needs and price range and the wife likes it too...that's a plus... A guy I work with is opening a small gun shop...he will receive his license in March, said he would charge me a little above cost... So I ask him if he would give that discount to extended family members and he said yes... but that will be another thread in March.

Thanks Brothers.
RLTW

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

If you have a Glock at work thats what I would get.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Picked up an XD .40 Subcompact today. Lefty also. I'm looking for a good (read-comfortable) IWB holster for a lefty. Anyone with any suggestions?

Thanks..

RTSB- How do you like the way yours shoots? I thought it would jump more than it does. I only put about 30 rounds through it, but fell in lust instantly.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Oto-Man wrote:I'm looking for a good (read-comfortable) IWB holster for a lefty. Anyone with any suggestions?
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

That's what I just bought and I am planning on wearing this thing around more and more oconus.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Oto-Man wrote:Picked up an XD .40 Subcompact today. Lefty also. I'm looking for a good (read-comfortable) IWB holster for a lefty. Anyone with any suggestions?

Thanks..

RTSB- How do you like the way yours shoots? I thought it would jump more than it does. I only put about 30 rounds through it, but fell in lust instantly.
XD is as everyone knows, my weapon of choice right in front of a Glock.
And Oto...glad you picked up a weapon cause the way you shoot, you can at least scare them with the loud noise. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:
And Oto...glad you picked up a weapon cause the way you shoot, you can at least scare them with the loud noise. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Either the loud noise, or I could just throw the fucker at 'em
Gotta do sumtin'.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

I think my next purchase will be the Springfield EMP 40 cal. It's called the micro 1911. They also have it in 9mm. They are kind of pricey, about $1000 for the 9 and $1100 for the 40. I will be scoring it while I'm home in December and I'll be sure to post an assessment. Here's a link for all the specs.:
http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=24
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Picked up an HK45.....

I am in love.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Return to “Weapons of War”