In praise of the Glock

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Ndog275
Ranger

In praise of the Glock

Post by Ndog275 »

They're not pretty. They're not as smooth as 1911's. But dang it, they just work. 8)

A couple of months ago while at the range with my work gun, I broke the locking block retaining pin and the trigger retaining pin in half as a result of a ton of rounds through it. The trigger pull got sloppy and I had to keep pushing the trigger retaining pin back in while I fired, but it still worked.

Today I broke the spring on the slide stop lever. As a result it would lock the slide back after every round, but I could still make the gun work.

I've broke stuff on other handgunds that made it inoperable. I haven't been able to do that with a Glock yet. Any gun that is Ndog proof is good. :wink:
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Would you quit breaking your shit? Damn, bro.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
lawdog
Tadpole

Re: In praise of the Glock

Post by lawdog »

Ndog275 wrote:They're not pretty. They're not as smooth as 1911's. But dang it, they just work. 8)

A couple of months ago while at the range with my work gun, I broke the locking block retaining pin and the trigger retaining pin in half as a result of a ton of rounds through it. The trigger pull got sloppy and I had to keep pushing the trigger retaining pin back in while I fired, but it still worked.

Today I broke the spring on the slide stop lever. As a result it would lock the slide back after every round, but I could still make the gun work.

I've broke stuff on other handgunds that made it inoperable. I haven't been able to do that with a Glock yet. Any gun that is Ndog proof is good. :wink:
Need a new slide stop lever? I can hook you up. Got one that I can send you if you need. I've been running a Glock for 13 years and never had any of those things break. I'd let Glock know about it. They'll probably send you what you need.
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

You can take the trigger spring out of the gun, and as long as you shoot from the reset, the gun will run, and run, and run.

I love Glocks... not pretty, but like you said... if it ain't broke... don't fix it.

If you ever need parts, let me know. I am an Armorer now. 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Thanks, appreciate the help fellas, but I got a key to the armorers box myself and if that don't work, I got bolt cutters in my trunk :twisted:

For the past year or so I haven't been racking the slide, I've been using the slide stop to send it forward on a new mag. Faster mag changes, get the next string of shoots off quicker, etc. I know Gaston Glock says you're not supposed to do this, but we got tons of slide stops :wink:
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Ndog275 wrote:Thanks, appreciate the help fellas, but I got a key to the armorers box myself and if that don't work, I got bolt cutters in my trunk :twisted:

For the past year or so I haven't been racking the slide, I've been using the slide stop to send it forward on a new mag. Faster mag changes, get the next string of shoots off quicker, etc. I know Gaston Glock says you're not supposed to do this, but we got tons of slide stops :wink:
I should do an instructional video on how to get that trigger snapping in the 2 pound range... reset like a 1911... very VERY nice!!!

As for slide stops, they can be changed out in... oh, one minute or less. Two pins, and you are in!

I have found that I rarely run my Glock "dry" but... when it happens, I also use the slide release to slam the slide home. I think a good project for me would be to do a nice picture thread / video showing how to detail strip a glock slide and frame... you know, just for informative purposes. 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

GSXRanger wrote: I should do an instructional video on how to get that trigger snapping in the 2 pound range... reset like a 1911... very VERY nice!!!
Mr trigger spring and Mr firing pin spring, allow me to introduce you to......:)
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Ndog275 wrote:
GSXRanger wrote: I should do an instructional video on how to get that trigger snapping in the 2 pound range... reset like a 1911... very VERY nice!!!
Mr trigger spring and Mr firing pin spring, allow me to introduce you to......:)
The Scherer connector, IMO is the BEST out there. You use the Scherer connector, a LWD travel stop, Wolf Striker Spring, Wolf trigger spring, and a Wolf plunger spring... coupled with some mirror polishing... and a little tiny tweak to the connector... and VIOLA!!!

GREAT trigger in the Glock. 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I concur with Want2Race...

The shit I described was NOT for a carry gun. I have a whole slew of wolf striker springs, and shit that I carry in my tool box for when I am playing with the fellas in the "games" (I still suck, by the way).

What I described would never be used on a carry gun.

Thanks for bring that up brother... I forgot to include that little tid bit. :wink:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

A guy I work with just put the super light firing pin spring on there. He said that since we shoot federal ammo it should be fine since they only need a light strike. Not willing to bet my life on any after market anything on a Glock that isn't made by Glock. However, I know that Glock makes a 3.5 lb trigger connector spring. Just seen it, never fired it.
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

Ndog275 wrote:A guy I work with just put the super light firing pin spring on there. He said that since we shoot federal ammo it should be fine since they only need a light strike. Not willing to bet my life on any after market anything on a Glock that isn't made by Glock. However, I know that Glock makes a 3.5 lb trigger connector spring. Just seen it, never fired it.
The 3.5 is nice. You wont notice a lot of difference, but it is safe enough for a carry gun.
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

abn-rgr wrote:
Ndog275 wrote:A guy I work with just put the super light firing pin spring on there. He said that since we shoot federal ammo it should be fine since they only need a light strike. Not willing to bet my life on any after market anything on a Glock that isn't made by Glock. However, I know that Glock makes a 3.5 lb trigger connector spring. Just seen it, never fired it.
The 3.5 is nice. You wont notice a lot of difference, but it is safe enough for a carry gun.
Are you EVER gonna get your damn Ranger Card stamped so you can come in the BIG BOY'S room??? 8) :wink:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

GSXRanger wrote:
abn-rgr wrote:
Are you EVER gonna get your damn Ranger Card stamped so you can come in the BIG BOY'S room??? 8) :wink:
I think they are having trouble finding someone from my class who remembers back that far. Like me, they have all slept since yesterday!!!
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

For years I thought the 1911 was the ONLY gun, use to make fun of all the little sissys who carried plastic guns. Then I shot the Glock and became intricately familiar with the damn thing. I was wrong. Still love a 1911, but world's coming to an end and all Hell is coming down the highway with "Kick Colt1rgr's Ass" Bumper Stickers, I'll take my GLOCK (and my SAIGA 12 :roll: ) everytime!
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"

Return to “Weapons of War”