RIP Graduation Present

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
RangerDad726
Tadpole

RIP Graduation Present

Post by RangerDad726 »

I'm a new Army Dad who has a son graduating RIP in a couple of weeks and I am wondernig if I can get him anything that he can use in his future.

I know he has not graduated yet, he still has his written and PT tests to do, he is concerned about the written test but I am confident he can do it with his studying he has and is doing.

Oh yea this forum is awesome too, for a new Army Dad looking for answers...thanks to all you Rangers for your service to this awesome country and to this forum.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Wow a present for graduating RIP??? I was just happy when they said dawn Beret's. Anything would be a great present. I really don't even remember many parents there when I graduated. The ceremony lasted a whole 5 or 10 minutes.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

He'll only graduate RIP once. Get him a 30 year old bottle of single malt scotch and split it with him. It will be a day neither one of you will ever forget. 8)
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

As far as something he can 'use in the future' how about a nice Benchmade pocket folder?
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

not to hijack this but RTO do you have more pics of your avatar? She's kind of nice on the eyes.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Charlie 51
Ranger

Re: RIP Graduation Present

Post by Charlie 51 »

ArmyDad726 wrote:I'm a new Army Dad who has a son graduating RIP in a couple of weeks and I am wondernig if I can get him anything that he can use in his future.

I know he has not graduated yet, he still has his written and PT tests to do, he is concerned about the written test but I am confident he can do it with his studying he has and is doing.

Oh yea this forum is awesome too, for a new Army Dad looking for answers...thanks to all you Rangers for your service to this awesome country and to this forum.
With all due respect, whatever you would get him will pale in comparison with the Beret he will be putting on his head. Take him out to a nice dinner, tell him your proud of him and wish him well in his future as a US Army Ranger. That should do just fine.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Charlie 51 wrote: With all due respect, whatever you would get him will pale in comparison with the Beret he will be putting on his head. Take him out to a nice dinner, tell him your proud of him and wish him well in his future as a US Army Ranger. That should do just fine.
Exactly. He's not a kid who needs presents for graduating anymore. He'll be a US Army Ranger when he graduates RIP and well on his way to some of the hardest but most rewarding times of his life.
RangerDad726
Tadpole

Post by RangerDad726 »

Rangers,
Thanks for all of your replies, and yea there is no present that willl mean more to him than that tan beret and the scroll.

Thanks again for your service...buying him a new knife would be awesome though.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

rgrking wrote:not to hijack this but RTO do you have more pics of your avatar? She's kind of nice on the eyes.
She makes me happy in the pants :D
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Rangerguru wrote:
rgrking wrote:not to hijack this but RTO do you have more pics of your avatar? She's kind of nice on the eyes.
She makes me happy in the pants :D
I've been looking for a worthy replacement for 'the lady in red' for about a year now. My search may be over! :D I have a few more ya'll may like, but I'm keeping this girl at least till the new year! 8)

Sir, you've just seen two sides to the same coin in this thread. I think your heart is in the right place and believe if you do whatever your heart tells you to do, whatever that is, that will be the right thing to do. IMO what your son really needs on that day will be a handshake or a hug and a 'Son, I'm damn proud of you'. Anything beyond that is just icing on one of the world's best cakes really.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

I've been thinking about this thread all night. I wished that my parents could have been there. All that I needed from them was a I'm proud of you and a handshake.

I've accomplished a lot of cool things in my life that I'm proud of. I got my Eagle Scout, I've finished a B.S. in Business (first in my family) and the proudest and most monumental achievememt was the day I got to pin on my scroll and wear my beret.

I nice pocketnife would be a great gift. It's something that he can pass down to his children and explain why and how he got it.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

A fifth of sinlge-malt and a hooker!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Kilted Heathen wrote:A fifth of sinlge-malt and a hooker!
That's a great idea. :D

....and the STD he may get might last longer than the knife! :lol:
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

ArmyDad726 wrote:I'm a new Army Dad who has a son graduating RIP in a couple of weeks and I am wondering if I can get him anything that he can use in his future.....
Moleskin and good socks...:wink:

Seriously, a cool pig-sticker or leatherman-type tool would no doubt be appreciated.

a spool of 550 cord, 10 rolls of 100mph tape, log of coppenhagen (fresh)...case of powebars-assorted flavors.. capeline long underwear..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

RTO wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote:A fifth of sinlge-malt and a hooker!
That's a great idea. :D

....and the STD he may get might last longer than the knife! :lol:

KILLJOY :P

Hand shake....Hug...I'm proud of you son...Here is a knife..

Now let's get drunk and I'll by you a Hooker :D

Hell, I didn't know there was a RIP graduation....I thought it was a get on the fucking trucks,but they used Rangers at the end insead of shitheads.. :lol:
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86

Return to “About RASP”