Introduction.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Batiati
Embryo

Introduction.

Post by Batiati »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Ryan, im 17 years old. Im from Northern California, but had recently just moved to Las Vegas Nevada. I played Football as Middle Linebacker/Fullback for 6 years, was defensive captin for 5 of those 6.
I wrestled for 7 years, and won about 75% of my matches.

I have a GED, which i aquired last monday, I was unable to finish highschool and get my Diploma due to family issues. I guess im considered a "drop out" because I joined the Army and didnt even start my senior year. Shipping out for Basic in 2-3 weeks.

Im 6'1 170, and very atheletic. I plan on getting a 11X option 40 contract, but from what I've read I am in-eligable for this, because of my GED.

I plan on serving a 3 half year enlistment as air assault or airbourne, and re-enlisting with a option 40 contract if its possible.

After 4 years service in the 75th, I want to try out for Special Forces.
Im trying not to look that far ahead though, being that I havnt even completed basic yet & things change.

Thank you for allowing me on this site.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

You capitalised "middle-linebacker" and mis-spelled airborne amongst other things.

It's not a GED holding you back...you're a fucking dumb-ass!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Batiati
Embryo

Post by Batiati »

I scored a 85 on the Asvab, 2 mistakes dont make me a dumbass. Thanks for the support though.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Batiati wrote:I scored a 85 on the Asvab, 2 mistakes dont make me a dumbass. Thanks for the support though.
Two mistakes?

Try a little proof-reading.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Batiati wrote:I scored a 85 on the Asvab, 2 mistakes dont make me a dumbass. Thanks for the support though.
Read the Faq's. When ever you are speaking to a Ranger (their title is under their name) you will address (all Rangers correctly) them as (in this case) Ranger Kilted Heathen like so:
Batiati wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen, I scored a 85 on the Asvab, 2 mistakes dont make me a dumbass. Thanks for the support though.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Batiati
Embryo

Post by Batiati »

Yeah it does sound a little fucked up, if I could edit it I would. I apologize for the mistakes.
Batiati
Embryo

Post by Batiati »

Ranger Steadfast,

Thank you for the correcting me, instead of circumsizing me.

Much Appreciated.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Batiati wrote:Ranger Steadfast,

Thank you for the correcting me, instead of circumsizing me.

Much Appreciated.
Awww...iddy biddy widdle feewings hurt?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

"Dear Mrs. Jones, my name is Pvt Batiati. I made only two mistakes today...one for each of your sons' legs. Sounds kinda fucked up and I'd edit the whole day if I could..."

Make sure this letter doesn't look like shit if you ever have to write it.

Or...

You can shut the fuck up and get rid of the attitude and learn how to get it right the first fucking time.

You've come to the wrong place for a fucking support group.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Batiati
Embryo

Post by Batiati »

Ranger Kilted Heathen,

I admire you man, I hope my DI is as vulgar and explicit as you. I will now check all my words on google, to not disappoint you again, and make myself look like a shit head.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Batiati wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen,

I admire you man, I hope my DI is as vulgar and explicit as you. I will now check all my words on google, to not disappoint you again, and make myself look like a shit head.
Read the forums.

Don't post again for 48hrs.

Read.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Batiati
Embryo

Post by Batiati »

Ranger Dafid Ranger,

It sounds a little fucked up, I know. But im going to meps this wensday, sep 5th, where I was hoping to get a option 40, or airborne at least.

Last time my recruiter looked at job openings I qaulify for, there was 250+ 11x slots open. Which means I can ship out to basic the following monday if I wanted to, or so my recruiter says. I just assume I'll be at basic in 2-3 weeks, being that I'm choosing to leave asap.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Batiati wrote:Ranger Dafid Ranger,

It sounds a little fucked up, I know. But im going to meps this wensday, sep 5th, where I was hoping to get a option 40, or airborne at least.

Last time my recruiter looked at job openings I qaulify for, there was 250+ 11x slots open. Which means I can ship out to basic the following monday if I wanted to, or so my recruiter says. I just assume I'll be at basic in 2-3 weeks, being that I'm choosing to leave asap.
48 fucking hours!!!!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Yeah, that GED thing will hold you back, but you can overcome it... many others have, including Rangers on this site.

Ranger Kilted Heathen has actually been kind to you. With the mistakes you made on your introduction, and there are more than two, you obviously need to work on paying attention to detail. In the military life, mistakes like that in sending map grid coordiantes and situation reports can cost lives. And, during the course of any military training your are going to face much criticism and correction for your slightest mistakes. Most of it not kind. If you can not take here, on the internet, you will have real problems in the near futrure.

But also from your introduction, I am very confuesed. On the one hand you write that you enlisted, but on the other hand you write that you are hoping for an Option 40 contract. It is unclear as to whether you hve enlisted or not. I noticed no ship date or or MOS. If you have read the stickies, announcements and FAQs, you have not followed them. If you have not, you should before you post again.

Believe it or not, this is the only site that can really help you reach your goals. So follow the rules, demonstrate a positive attitude, and do not challenge any Ranger here. This is not MySpace or FaceBook. This is a Ranger site. You hve nothing to contribute here, but you can take away a lot about what it takes to become a Ranger and a good soldier. And if I, or any Ranger here, has makes a typo error, we have earned that right. You have not.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”