Someguy OSUT progress

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
someguy
Tadpole

Someguy OSUT progress

Post by someguy »

30th AG sucked ass... and the infamous shot did too. OSUT is ridiculously boring... too much down time, We did our 2nd APFT semi recently... I ended up getting a 270 (first one was 249 - thanks 30th AG!). We run quite a lot at a decent pace... last A group run we did was 3.1 miles in 21 minutes. Right now we are starting week 8... currently we have the 36 hour family day pass. We have another APFT test Monday and I'm expecting to break 290. The Battle March and Shoot was pretty fun. Blue phase is here; more time for self propelled PT.

There are tons of shitbags that I've come across and they are very demotivating. The tolerance for the bullshit they bring is too high - but hey; fuck it.

For all of you guys headed this way... Georgia is motherfucking hot. 2 days ago we had 8 Heat casualties. Couple of dudes already died. Shit is no joke. One guy from another battalion died during the 4th of July fireworks display on main post (conducted the 28th?). Anyways, stay hydrated and be prepared to deal with the bullshit.

In the meantime I will Drive on!
Pirate.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

someguy

Post by Steadfast »

Thanks for the sitrep someguy. Remember you have a goal so remain focused and yeah fuck the dirtbags. Never quit, driving on is correct.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Letters from School”