Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Lucky
US Army

Introduction

Post by Lucky »

Hello guys, ran into your site a couplel years ago but just now joined. I joined the Marines straight out of high school, Was deployed with STA 2/7 in march of 04. Was wounded in the battle for Fallujah in November 28 of 04. Discharged from the Marines in april of 05. Joined the Army that july. Stationed at FT.Campbell with the 1/187 Rakkasans of the 101st. Deployed to Iraq again in late september 05. Wounded and medivac'ed july of 06. Currently Residing in Wheaton Maryland stationed at Walter Reed still undergoing treatment. I know this is quite an unusual story to say the least but I will be glad to verify it if I am questioned. I see you have had a few posers here. Great to be part of the forum though thanks for havin me.
Rakkasan
Lucky
US Army

Post by Lucky »

Also I'd like to load a picture of my Tori tattoo from the 187 for my avatar if I may but I don't know how to do that. If I need to just choose something else please let me know.
Rakkasan
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome bullett magnet.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Welcome fellow Rakkasan. If you can't figure out the avatar thing, send me a PM.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Lucky
US Army

Post by Lucky »

Just for clarification I took some minor RPG srhapnel that tore up my knee in early november, )it didnt feel bad but I tore my ACL), then took a bullet in my left leg in late november. Out of the marines joined the Army. Hit in the head with shrapnel in november again,(not my month). Then on july 12th(my wifes birthday) I was hit in the back of the head with some more shrapnel. I was found to have a tumor in my head in balad and was sent home. I'm an unlucky guy. After I came back from FOB Speicher in november 05 I was given the HBFMM when I was awarded my CIB and Purple Heart. It was two little magnets that they put on my ACU's that they called the hadji bullet and flying metal magnet. A little joke from my Plt Sgt. Also I forgot to mention that My Plat Sgt used to be an RI. His name was SFC Smith. Pretty short guy, about 5'9" or so but he could really bring the smoke. Just thought I'd Mention that incase anyone knows him. He was a pretty nice guy but then again I never saw him in Ranger School either. I haven't ever been there by the way.
Rakkasan
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Lucky
US Army

Post by Lucky »

Thanks alot for the kind words rangers. Is anyone out here in my neck of the woods? I live north of Walter Reed on georgia avenue about 5-7 miles havent really measured. Im close to dc and virginia. Also I work at atlantic guns in silver spring. Come on down anytime.
Rakkasan
Paladin
BANNED

Post by Paladin »

Welcome to the site, "Lucky"!
Thanks for serving our great nation!
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome Warrior! We're glad it worked out so far, I hope you get through recovery right back to hard charging - but on this side of the water from now on - it's someone else's turn.
I'd be glad to have you in my squad, since you apparently will draw the flying metallic objects away from the rest of us!
I had an old bud who'd served three tours in the Korean War, gunshot or schrapnel wounds cut his tours short every time. When asked why he kept going back, he insisted it was because he wanted to go just once that he could leave under his own power :shock:
You must be his grandson or something.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Eyes

Post by Eyes »

Welcome. Stay safe(r) :lol:
bmf175
Ranger

Post by bmf175 »

Welcome
C Co & HHC 1/75
1997-2005
RS Class 02-00

Rangers
Monsoon and cmurder
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by LRP1 »

Welcome "Lucky"..Make a good screen name..quite fitting I'd say..
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.

Return to “Introduction Archive”