Weird War Tech

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim Jones
Ranger

Weird War Tech

Post by Jim Jones »

I guess around WW2 the Brits were considering using LSD as a non-lethal weapon and tested the effects. Youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX7m4fqTLKU

Another weird thing i read about was in 1994 the Air Force considered a "gay bomb" that would contain pheromones that were supposed to make the enemy turn gay(or just so horny they'd fuck anything around) and make them unable to fight. It was of course canned.
Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. It's too bad he has never cried.
RIP class- 10-04
RS class- 05-06
B Co 2/75 Nov04-Present
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

If your into Cold War History and NBC warfare, check out "Biohazard" by Ken Alibeck. Ken was a Colonel in the Soviet military in charge of the Bio weapons program in the late 70's through the collapse of Soviet Russia. Some of the stuff is really scary, some of it is watered down, as far as I am concerned, coming from a semi-medical background. Ken also taught at GMU's Biology department for a while as well.
Jason113
US Army Veteran

Post by Jason113 »

Doc Cook wrote:If your into Cold War History and NBC warfare, check out "Biohazard" by Ken Alibeck. Ken was a Colonel in the Soviet military in charge of the Bio weapons program in the late 70's through the collapse of Soviet Russia. Some of the stuff is really scary, some of it is watered down, as far as I am concerned, coming from a semi-medical background. Ken also taught at GMU's Biology department for a while as well.
I've read some articles by Alibeck and it's definitely some scary shit.

Also, there's two books written by Richard Preston, one's called 'The Hot Zone' and I'm not sure of the second but I beleive that Dr. Alibeck is mentioned more than a few times.
11-M,B co. 3/15 Inf.
24th I.D. 90-91
Formerly the_machine
Rett
US Army

Post by Rett »

"With one man climbing a tree to feed the birds"

Haha...that's pretty crazy stuff.

Richard Preston's "The Hot Zone" was a pretty good read indeed.
"Excellence is a habit, which develops through discipline."

25th ID (Stryker) - HHC 3/21 IN

Return to “The Mosh Pit”