Time frame from signing to shipping.

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Iasca
Embryo

Time frame from signing to shipping.

Post by Iasca »

I am scheduled to goto MEPS Tuesday and sign the Opt 40 contract my recruiter says has been reserved for me. I asked him what the average time frame is from the point somebody signs thier contract to when they ship. He had no clue, he said he hasn't contracted anybody in a combat MOS in 8 months. Does anybody have any idea how long I'll have before I leave for basic training? Thanks ahead of time for the information.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I don't think there is a set time frame. Unless things have changed, it is probably dependent upon the slot that you got, and whenthat slot is scheduled to ship.

I think I had three or four months between signing and shipping.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

No, but if they had an OPT40 contract with my name on it, I sure in the hell wouldn't be waiting around until Tuesday to sign it!
Iasca
Embryo

Post by Iasca »

Thank you Ranger Creeping Death and Ranger Spartan for your responses. Tuesday was the first available day that my recruiter could transport me to MEPS, I didn't want to wait either but he confirmed that it would be available when I get there. He also understand that it will be a waste of his time if we get there and it's NOT available, because it's the ONLY contract I'll sign :)
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

ship dates for combat arms MOS's have been coming quickly. really because the people signing them are grads, thus able to ship quickly.

expect anywhere from 30-80 days as a grad.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”