Army Ranger Workout

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

This is also a good tip www.teenbodybuilding.com got me from doing 50+ push-ups to a record breaking 110. That is good for since I used to be fat little kid who could climb the rope in gym classes :D give it a try, can't hurt.
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

Me?? I began a diet, losing 10 kilos of almost pure fat.... Then I started the work out.
1.Running 3 times a week at 4 kilometers (at the start i mixed from a quick walk to jogging). And once a month a bit longer 10 kilometers.
2.Lifting weights
3.Doing the regular PT practises (uncel is a former army sergeant, help me getting started and showing me how to do them correct.)

I'll add more when I can remember it.

PS: One important thing is to quit the junk food...... messes with your body and dont drink beer or alcohol. That is like waisting 2 weeks of good training.

Another PS: The only way to increase your push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups is by doing them, and doing them proberly.

Swoff out
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Re: Workout

Post by Flesh Thorn »

The Dove Killer wrote:Thanks for the advice. I already do strength training five days a week, I just really hate running. Like all of you guys said, I'm going to have to push my self because it really sucks to run with asthma, especially when it's cold as a well-digger's ass outside.
What meds are you taking for your asthma ? I talk to people all the time you are not on the most current and effective meds.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

Hemorrhage wrote:I really meant on the site. You said it had a good tip but I can't find much about increasing pushups..
This is also a good tip www.teenbodybuilding.com got me from doing 50+ push-ups to a record breaking 110
Ahh....... there is no other possibility than do your push-ups untill you drop. Only then will you be able to do more the next time. :lol:
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Ahh....... there is no other possibility than do your push-ups untill you drop. Only then will you be able to do more the next time.
Training to failure is training for failure. If you are trying to get your push up numbers up then you need to do a cycle . Training to failure every time will probaly defeat your purpose. Your muscles nor your nervous system will have time to adjust and grow if you are going at it 100% all the time.
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

Well, it worked for me...... I only do the push-ups untill failure once or twice a week. The other times I do them in sets of 50.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Swoff wrote:Well, it worked for me...... I only do the push-ups untill failure once or twice a week. The other times I do them in sets of 50.
YOU DISRESPECTFUL SON OF A BITCH!"It worked for you, WHAT!" ASSHOLE OH WAIT HOW ABOUT MOTHER FUCKER. NEXT TIME TRY PUTTING RANGER FLESH THORN BEFORE YOUR LITTLE POSTS THERE "PVT. PILE!"
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Swoff wrote:Well, it worked for me...... I only do the push-ups untill failure once or twice a week. The other times I do them in sets of 50.
It sounds like you are doing a cycle by only going for a max once or twice a week and doing sets well below your max the rest of the time. Over training can lead to injuries, low energy level, and low motivation because you feel weak. Try going to failure every day for a week and watch your numbers start to drop. Then you will get discouraged because your numbers are dropping . This is where the saying "training to failure is training for failure" comes from. When you only go for a max like once a week you will see your numbers go up and you will be motivated to get them up even more. :wink:
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Nathan
Tadpole

Post by Nathan »

This is my current weight-lifting routine: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine ... levlel.htm

I do PT 3x a week.

Mon/Wed/Fri: Push-ups/3sets, Sit-ups/3sets, Pull-ups/3sets, Flutter-kicks/3sets

Running 4x a week for now, till I can do it without being sore: Mon/Tues/Fri/Sat

2 miles.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”