Army Ranger Workout

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
The Dove Killer
Embryo

Army Ranger Workout

Post by The Dove Killer »

Hi all, i'm not a Ranger or even in the Army for that matter, but I'd like to start off by saying how much respect and admiration I have for you guys. I wanted to get into the Army/Special Forces, but for medical reasons(bad-ass asthma) i couldn't. Anyways, enough of my wining. I'm going to be taking some pt tests for some local law enforcement agencies soon and my running/situps/body fat sucks. Right now, I'm about 5'8 and 230-ish. I was wondering if you guys knew of some info/books/sites that could help me out. Basically, since I can't be a Ranger, I want to be as physically fit as one. Any info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Alot-
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

First, post an introduction in the proper forum. We like to know who we're talking to.

Second, do some push aways. Push away from the table a little sooner.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Search this site...plenty of info here...also, go to your local bookstore or library...."swat fitness" is a good one....
Parabellum
Ranger

Re: Been there done that!

Post by Parabellum »

DoorGunner wrote:Spent 15 years as a cop. I dragged myself out of more siruations with my mouth and head, not my strength.
99% of how people preceive your ability in police work is how you have your shit together. Slovenly cops always get a bunch of shit and seem to be in fights all the time.
Run, in and out quater miles, jog one, walk (fast) one do 3 sets ad one every 3 weeks.
lift in repetition, not weight, TONE
Get off the junk stuff if your'e eating it. Slowpoke is correct, push away from the table. Eat several small meals a day.
If you want some real help, get ahold of h8train, he's into this and built like a brick shithouse.
Good luck, Police work isn't what it's cracked up to be. If you've got a degree look towards the Feds.
Or hook up with some mob guys and become a leg breaker. Me and Doorgunner know a few.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

The most effective way to start a workout program is to get your fat ass out of the chair! :twisted:
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Spartan wrote:The most effective way to start a workout program is to get your fat ass out of the chair! :twisted:
And away from that fuckin XBOX. Just cause you can win the BlackHawkDown game doesn't mean you can be a Ranger in real life.

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Spartan wrote:The most effective way to start a workout program is to get your fat ass out of the chair! :twisted:
You hurt me deep. :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Check it out bud. This is what you need to do.

Take your body weight and multiply it by 12. That is how many calories you should eat in a day too loose wieght. So if you are 230lbs you should be eating 2,760 calories a day. 10-15% should be fat (not saturated fat), 30-35% should be protien (go 1 gram of protien per body lbs), 50-60% should be carbs(complex carbs like wheat bread, no simple carbs like soda or white bread.) DO NOT DO THE ATKINS DIET!!!!!!!!!

Eat 3 decent meals a day and a snack in between every 2 hours (fat free yogurt, fat free pudding, fruit, prtien shake with fat free milk, or any thing from healthy choice, I like the pizzas). So it should equal out to 5-8 meals a day.

Do cardio 5 days a week for a minimum of 20 min. Raise that heart rate.

Weight training 3-5 days a week. It doesn't matter how much you can lift if you are sore than you are doing good.

Abs 3-5 days a week.

Make sure you don't overtrain. Your body will need rest. Also you need to puch yourself.

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Looon
Ranger

Re: First time

Post by Looon »

DoorGunner wrote:Hey h8train, I've been all over this site. That's the first time you've been nice to someone! Way to go!
Nail on the head!!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Parabellum
Ranger

Re: First time

Post by Parabellum »

DoorGunner wrote:Hey h8train, I've been all over this site. That's the first time you've been nice to someone! Way to go!
I am nice. Depends on how much I had to drink. :wink: I am the site's Equal Opportunity Representative. I treat everyone like shit.

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
The Dove Killer
Embryo

Workout

Post by The Dove Killer »

Thanks for the advice. I already do strength training five days a week, I just really hate running. Like all of you guys said, I'm going to have to push my self because it really sucks to run with asthma, especially when it's cold as a well-digger's ass outside.
Spartan

Re: Workout

Post by Spartan »

The Dove Killer wrote:Thanks for the advice. I already do strength training five days a week, I just really hate running. Like all of you guys said, I'm going to have to push my self because it really sucks to run with asthma, especially when it's cold as a well-digger's ass outside.
If it sucks then you should do it. Builds character. We just don't want to hear you fucking whine about it.
Parabellum
Ranger

Re: Workout

Post by Parabellum »

The Dove Killer wrote:Thanks for the advice. I already do strength training five days a week, I just really hate running. Like all of you guys said, I'm going to have to push my self because it really sucks to run with asthma, especially when it's cold as a well-digger's ass outside.
If you have an inhaler bring it with you too do cardio (don't be stupid). Also you don't have to just run. The stairmaster is a great tool also. Same witht he stationary bike, and the versiclimber. If you are going to run do it on a track with a vehicle near by so if you shit the bed you got a medevac close by.

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99

Return to “About Army Physical Training”