Age Requirements Question

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
JamesQ
Egg

Age Requirements Question

Post by JamesQ »

Just to let you know, I searched for this information, but didn't find anything definative. Could someone tell me what, if any, recruitment age restrictions are placed on becoming a Ranger? I saw the general Army enlistment age range was 17 - 34, but does this also encompass a Ranger contract?

Thanks for your time.

James.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

There are currently no special age considerations for OP40 seekers.

However, there is an age cap for those seeking 18X.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
JamesQ
Egg

Post by JamesQ »

Thank you for the info, SFC hit_it. Much appreciated and good to know.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)
S&I
Ranger

Post by S&I »

JamesQ, just to confirm what SFC Hit_it said, I just graduated from Infantry OSUT Friday, Apr 23 and just finished ground week in Airborne School.

I was 33 when I enlisted in the Army and turned 34 back in July. At about the 8th week in Basic one of our Drill SGT's approached us asking for volunteers for RIP. He kinda looked at me funny (because of my age), but I was able to secure a slot for RIP.

Good luck
Last edited by S&I on May 8th, 2004, 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
3rd Ranger Bat
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

S&I

THANKS FOR REPLYING!

this comfirms my post earlier in the month about people redoing their contracts this month to add both ABN and RIP during training.

it does get done, guys. now we have the proof.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

S&I wrote:JamesQ, just to confirm what hit_it said, I just graduated from Infantry OSUT Friday, Apr 23 and just finished ground week in Airborne School.

I was 33 when I enlisted in the Army and turned 34 back in July. At about the 8th week in Basic one of our Drill SGT's approached us asking for volunteers for RIP. He kinda looked at me funny (because of my age), but I was able to secure a slot for RIP.

Good luck
S&I, WHEN YOU SPEAK TO SFC hit_it, YOU WILL ADDRESS HIM AS SFC hit_it AT ALL TIMES.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
S&I
Ranger

Post by S&I »

S&I, WHEN YOU SPEAK TO SFC hit_it, YOU WILL ADDRESS HIM AS SFC hit_it AT ALL TIMES.

Understood Ranger Steadfast.

My appologies to SFC Hit_it for not properly addressing him and to Ranger Steadfast for not replying to his post ASAP.

Knocking out 75.
3rd Ranger Bat

Return to “Recruitment Process”