Option 40 importance?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Scoutman
USMC Veteran

Option 40 importance?

Post by Scoutman »

Besides skipping the point of PS, why is it so important to have an option 40 contract? Of course the recruiters are saying that they are always asking for volunteers during infantry school or airborne. Why not just go airborne and volunteer there? My recruiter swears up and down he's had PS, such as reserves who have gotten an option 40 contract. I would appreciate some suggestions on what to do at MEPS. I don't want just a straight infantry slot. I want to end up a Ranger! Thanks in advance.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i'll let someone else decide whether or not you change your name. unless you are scout.

some glossary NPS (basic and AIT USAR) can get OP40 added to their contracts. very rare and i have never seen it personally. i wouldn't bank on it.

Volunteering at ABN school usually gets good results i hear. i would suggest attaining ABN and going that route if possible.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

i saw your intro. don't think there's an equivalent of LAV guys in the Army, so you should be able to reclass. DON'T QOUTE ME!

KEEP YOUR NAME. i did think it implied to being an infantry scout or a cav scout. my apologies. welcome to the site
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Scoutman
USMC Veteran

Post by Scoutman »

SFC Hit_it: Thanks for the welcome, I've learned alot reading this site, hope to talk more with you guys later.

Return to “Recruitment Process”