Where can I find out what im qualified for in the Army?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Lotus Lips

Where can I find out what im qualified for in the Army?

Post by Lotus Lips »

My recruiter is always out of town on buisness, and every time I go in to ask about this, the place is packed. I took the ASVAB 2 times, first time getting a 75, second time a 78. I was wondering if there was a site where I could figure out what im qualified for? I know the Navy has staynavy.navy.mil, but I was wondering if the army had something similar?

My line scores are as follows:
GT 112; CL 117; CO 116; EL 115; FA 117; GM 113; MM 107; OF 112; SC 117; ST 117; Percentile Score 78.

Just to clarify, I'm not asking anyone to tell me exactly what I qualify for, but merely to tell me roughly where I can find a site that can tell me. I've been trying to find it on google and altavista, but so far no go. Thanks in advance.
Mule
Tadpole

Post by Mule »

Have you tried the GoArmy.com Chat? I'm pretty sure they can give you a good idea, if not tell you what you qualify for.
Lotus Lips

Post by Lotus Lips »

I did try that, but the applet wouldnt load.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Send a PM to SFC hit_it. He is a recruiter.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Lotus Lips

Post by Lotus Lips »

ok, will do. Thank you Ranger Luna
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

done and done.

ALL ELSE. there are ways to find out what you are qualified to do by the line scores of your ASVAB.

Noone ever asks that question here because the people seeking info here are seeking to become Rangers.

Recruiting stations have a book of MOS's and the qualifying lines scores for each. Not the best idea to ask for it, as recruiters only sell the Army. they will not sell individual jobs to an applicant.

About.com has a listing of the same magnitude. Never saw it myself, but i believe it is there if one does a search. i'll check this weekend.

I will NOT post links to any other site on this board without checking with Ranger first. if i find it, i will only tell you it's there. you have to find it yourself.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”