Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin is dead

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

RTO
BANNED

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin is dead

Post by RTO »

BRISBANE, Australia - Steve Irwin, the Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray during a diving expedition, Australian media said. He was 44.

For Full Story Clickie Here
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

No wetsuit huh? That's the first thing we teach 10 year-old surfers here in California. If he was diving around stingrays without a wetsuit, he was literally asking for it. And he got it, didn't he?
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Thats too bad. I always liked watching his show with my son. RIP Steve.

In my best Steve Irwin voice:

"See how beautiful this stingray glides through the water? Amazing animals they are. You have to really be careful of the stinger...............Hey................Krikey, that fucking hurts!!!!!!!"
Last edited by Looon on September 4th, 2006, 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Better to go this way then to die shitting and pissing on yourself in a nursing home. :wink:
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Better to go this way then to die shitting and pissing on yourself in a nursing home. :wink:
He died doing what he loves. That's for sure.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Better to go this way then to die shitting and pissing on yourself in a nursing home. :wink:
I just had my 40th Birthday this year...I know how you feel!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Silverback wrote:
I just had my 40th Birthday this year...I know how you feel!
So are you pissing and shitting yourself yet ? Abell9 says it ain't as bad as people make it out to be .
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Draco
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Draco »

Better to go this way then to die shitting and pissing on yourself in a nursing home.
x2

Holy crap...Foxnews is saying the barb hit him in the chest and pierced his heart!! :shock:
1/10th SFG(A) Bad Toelz, FRG 85-88
Co. G/143rd INF (LRRS) 89-91
Rgr Class 6-92
Jack of all trades 92-present

"Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown." 3DD
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Is he really dead this time? This has been going on for years:

<<Steve Irwin

Two or three times a year I receive some variation of the following:

My wife and I have been hearing disturbing rumors for over 6 months that Steve Irwin, 'The Crocodile Hunter,' was killed in some horrible accident. We checked some Internet bulletin boards and we noticed that this rumor has been circulating since 1997 (or before!). However, we can find no official rebuttal. Is the Croc Hunter alive or dead?

Irwin has had to deny this rumor for years. On his Discovery.com Website he writes: "I've never been bitten by a venomous snake, and I recently heard that I'd been killed. Ha ha! I've been killed by crocodiles, venomous snakes, spiders. I've even had a beetle crawl in my ear and kill me once. Nah! I'm here to tell you Steve Irwin lives!" >>

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/w ... 22801b.htm
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Oh, he is really dead. A close friend of his made a statement to the news and was in tears.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

hobbit wrote:No wetsuit huh? That's the first thing we teach 10 year-old surfers here in California. If he was diving around stingrays without a wetsuit, he was literally asking for it. And he got it, didn't he?
What's a wetsuit going to do against a stingray? I've heard of stingrays slamming their spine through bones such as someone's kneecap before.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

EvilCouch wrote:
hobbit wrote:No wetsuit huh? That's the first thing we teach 10 year-old surfers here in California. If he was diving around stingrays without a wetsuit, he was literally asking for it. And he got it, didn't he?
What's a wetsuit going to do against a stingray? I've heard of stingrays slamming their spine through bones such as someone's kneecap before.
It penetrated his chest cavity, straight into his heart. A wet suit would have been irrelevant.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Ranger Luna wrote:
EvilCouch wrote:
It penetrated his chest cavity, straight into his heart. A wet suit would have been irrelevant.
I just assumed the press fucked up and that he'd been whacked by a jellyfish. How many of you guys have ever seen the headline before "Diver killed by stingray"? This is a first for me.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

EvilCouch wrote:
One report I read desribed it as an 8 foot wide ray with a 10 inch barb. I guess having a 10 inch barb driven into your chest would would kind of make a wetsuit irrevelant. Maybe a ballistic armor chest plate would have helped.
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Return to “The Mosh Pit”