New Infantry Combat Boot

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

Leatherneck- I have a set of the Belleville boots and love them. Got a set from a guy in grooup and they are real nice on the feet. I am a die hard J-boot fan and never liked anything else until I got a pair of these. As far as replaceing the standard boot goes I don't know but I do know you can get them through GSA sales as well as off their web sight at a real good deal.
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05
lemieux171
Soldier

Post by lemieux171 »

Leatherneck, in my unit i have some guys who are just coming back from basic and they have the same boots in the first picture you posted....i'm assuming those are the same ones that they were issued there. Hope i was helpful.
Dud
Tadpole

Post by Dud »

I've got the boots on right now actually and they're not bad at all. Of the road marches we did in BASIC, I only had blisters on my feet once and that time was because 1) it was the Bayonet and we had to do river crossingsand 2) it had rained EVERYDAY during our FTX so both pairs were soaked anyways. This boots will take care of your feet pretty well, but I do think they take a while longer to break in. Once broken, I'd rather wear these than my tennis shoes. Plus, they're easy as hell to maintain.

Granted, I'm no boot expert but I know they certainly haven't given me any problems.

Dud
"The secret to happiness in life is finding that which you are willing to die for, and begin living for it."
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

LN, the Bellville will replace the old leather combat boot. Thank fucking god.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
REMF
Embryo

Post by REMF »

I bought a pair of the Belleville 700s off Ebay last year.

They are WORLDS better than the all leather pieces of crap. At least as far as my friggin' misshapen hobbit feet are concerned. I've done 40 miles in Jungle boots before and my heels were friggin meat. This was wearing two pairs of socks, and periodically changing socks. These were also properly fitting boots - the damned heel caps just tore my feet up. I've since rectified the heel cap problem though.

Wearing the Bellevilles - the only thing I didn't like about them is the weight. They have great Vibram Soles, gore tex, and nothing on the inside to rub and grind up the feet. If they weren't so hefty I'd even use em to replace my running shoes for backpacking trips.

Regular Army might not like them...they don't hold a shine for crap (at least nothing like what I get out of Jungles). Other than that they're G2G.

Does anyone know if these boots will be allowed in Schools (Ranger, SFAS/SFQC, AAslt, Pathfinder etc) ?
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

REMF wrote:
Does anyone know if these boots will be allowed in Schools (Ranger, SFAS/SFQC, AAslt, Pathfinder etc) ?
According to this thread, the Wellco's with Tuffcushion soles and the Bates Jungle boot are allowed at SFAS, but other threads there indicate SFQC is relegated to issue boots only.

I don't know about the other schools.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

ICB's rule. No one believed me when I told them in boot camp, they were all about keeping their feet cool. After that 10 and 15 mile humps with their jungle boots on; I walked away with some nice feet, a little wet, just about as much as you get wearing tennis shoes on a normal day.

Sorry to hijack the thread, just wanted to share my love for those boots. Mine still have my laundry number in them.
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

Are these boots standard issue in Basic now?
Last edited by the_machine on August 30th, 2004, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

the_machine wrote:Are these boots standars issue in Basic now?
I have seen soldiers reporting with these boots and when I asked they were issued. Not sure how long that will go in with the RFI going to deploying units. Seems like a good stop-gap that should be shelved.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

these boots are being issued at basic...even here where I live at ft. Jackson I see privates with em. There are two types issued, well same type just different makers, Bates and Bellvile. I was wondering if these are allowed in the Regiment? And while I am at it, I am looking to buy some jungles I saw two types one type with the ripple sole and the other with a normal sole...the ripple sole boot just looked really fat and big and goofy though although I hear it absorbs shock a lot better. Any advice would be appreciated.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

If you are ever in a situation where someone might be tracking you, do not get ripple soles. If I would have know how easy they are to track I would have never worn then.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Well I ended up getting normal green jungles, with a normal sole. The left boot is a bit jacked up though, the top of the left heal kinda rubs on my heal a bit...I jamed a cassette tape in it to stretch it out a bit, other than that I like em, they arent even broken in and already feel pretty flexable.

Return to “Personal Gear”