My Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Evantg18
Egg

My Introduction

Post by Evantg18 »

Hello Everyone, my name is Evan G* (name removed by Mod), I'm 18 yrs. old, and I am currently a GED graduate from Co-Lin Community College in Natchez,MS. I would also like to thank you all for allowing me to join your site and become more informed about the Army Rangers. One of the main reasons I have become intrested in the Armed Forces is my lack of discipline. I feel that by me joining the military, more specifically, the Army, the they will discipline me, and instill a sense of pride and discipline in me. I scored a 48 on the ASVAB my first time taking the test and I very much considering picking Infantryman as my MOS. I hope that I included enough details to give everyone an insight as to who I am and who I want to become. Thx for your time.
Rabbity

Post by Rabbity »

Read EVERYTHING.....EVERYTHING and you need an avatar, read the Forum Rules/FAQ's.....I'm..going to...run away...now..I think I hear Rangers coming.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Why don't you go ahead and post your social security number and bank account information, you stupid fuck?

Read - don't post. Others will be along in a few to tell you what to do.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome. Heed the advice given so far...
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Foozbat
Ranger

Post by Foozbat »

PM inbound Evantg18.

Welcome.
Bco 3/75 April 2007 - June 2011, April 2013 - October 2014
HHC 3/75 June 2011 - April 2013
PL, Aco 1-15 IN, 3rd BDE, 3rd ID
RS Class 05-10
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

If you have a lack of disipline, the Army Rangers may well be THE LAST PLACE ON EARTH you want to be. That would be a bad, very very bad place to aquire disipline. That is, unless you are into the whole 32 inch bicep sort of look. :shock:

Welcome.
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

RTO wrote:If you have a lack of disipline, the Army Rangers may well be THE LAST PLACE ON EARTH you want to be. That would be a bad, very very bad place to aquire disipline. That is, unless you are into the whole 32 inch bicep sort of look. :shock:

Welcome.
:lol: :lol:

Welcome
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Thank you for your interest in the Army. Make an informed decsion, because whatever you decide, you will live with that decsion for the rest of your life.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome! You can count on the advise you get here.

RLTW
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Rhino1/75
Ranger

Post by Rhino1/75 »

Welcome and best of luck to you.
2nd Plt, Bco, 1/75 Jun88 Thur Oct93
Operation Just Cause
Operation Desert Storm
Class 10-89
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Scuba Wino wrote:I can't say that your motivation is the best reason, however, I will say that it worked for me. But I've seen so many that it did not work for.
These are very true words. I remember guys in my company who could physically hack it anywhere, but they couldn't hold it together mentally.

Mind over body applies in more than one way in the Army.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.

You'll find discipline one way or another, or you'll get the boot.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

The disciple you hope to learn can only be achieved by the intestinal fortitude that you have within yourself, should it be untested at this point in your life. There have been some of us who never really demonstrated any real self discipline as a young man until they were challenged and had too much inner pride to quit once they committed to achieving a very honorable objective. In essence when the time comes for every young man to truly REPRESENT what you have within yourself without the help or support of ANYBODY BUT YOURSELF!!!

If you’re that type of person, where you know you have what it takes yet you've never truly tested yourself in terms of whether you "really do have the right stuff" Then volunteering for a Ranger Assignment will very quickly determine it and your personal resolve.

But if you don't think you're a stud "internally" but are just "dreaming" that the Rangers will "bring it outta ya" then you're gonna soon learn that you never had it and you never will because you will be put to the test (very very quickly).

My challenge to you is ask yourself......... Why do I want to be a Ranger, if its to be one of the elite and you feel you have what it takes "internally" then go for it! But if you're thinking, its because I want to "learn" how to be one of the elite but I really know I don't have what it takes inside yet I'm hopin to slide by and hopefully pick it up as I go along....

Then don't waste the Army's time with a OPT 40 Slot, because you will fail.

Only you truly know "within yourself" what time it is.

Good luck kid.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “Introduction Archive”