Whoops, I didn't introduce myself...

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Nebby
Inprocessing

Whoops, I didn't introduce myself...

Post by Nebby »

I'm 19, and from a small town in Nebraska. I signed up for the Air Force before I really found out a whole lot about the Rangers. I'm going into Security Forces, and would like to somehow get Ranger training. I already made a post about this, and would appreciate it if anyone could help me out. That's all.
I made a mistake. I want to be a Ranger.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Better!

Welcome and thank you for enlisting in the U.S. Air Force!!

Did you try searching the site to see if your question has been answered?
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Nebby
Inprocessing

Post by Nebby »

Ranger Luna wrote:Better!

Welcome and thank you for enlisting in the U.S. Air Force!!

Did you try searching the site to see if your question has been answered?
I cannot lie, I did not. I can look for it. Do you know where exactly I should check?

I think the Air Force is great, but I didn't fully research everything before I signed up. I would have done things differently.
Nebby
Inprocessing

Post by Nebby »

I've tried searching on teh web, and my recruiter doesn't know... However, I am trying to read many of the post here.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome, because I'm feeling nice tonight, I'll give you a hint - this subject has at least been touched on here...
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Nebby
Inprocessing

Post by Nebby »

Some help is better than none.

There are so many topics, I'm sure I'll find it sooner or later.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Nebby,

First let me welcome you to th site and thank you for your decision to serve our great nation. Second, one of the first thing you will learn in the military is to foolow rules. This site has rules. Please direct yourself to the proper are on the site and read the rules and FAQ's. Again, thank you for your decision to serve. 8)
It's all good.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.

You need to read the FAQ's, follow the rules of the board and get an avatar.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Nebby
Inprocessing

Post by Nebby »

AbnRgr289 wrote:Welcome.

You need to read the FAQ's, follow the rules of the board and get an avatar.
I thought I did. It was a guy shaving. I'm in the Air Force DEP so I got one out of the DEP section. I will look up the FAQ's here. I don't mean to be a problem.

I salute you guys for your service, it takes a real man to do what you guys do.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Look, forget about the Ranger qualified Security Forces for the moment. You stated that you signed up for the Air Force but then learned who and what Rangers are and wish you had joined the Army instead. You also said you're a DEP. If I'm not mistaken, you can go back to your Air Force recruiter anytime before you ship and tell him you changed your mind. Don't think for a moment that you owe him anything, either. I don't say that in a negative way but it's YOUR life, no one elses. Sure it will take intestinal fortitude to tell him you don't want to go now, but NO Ranger lacks intestinal fortitude!

Brothers, square me away on this if I'm wrong!!! With Hit_It off of the net for the moment I don't know who the SME is. I don't want to give this kid jacked up (wrong) advice, but I'm pretty sure you can pull out before shipping for basic.
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Everett Ruess wrote:Look, forget about the Ranger qualified Security Forces for the moment. You stated that you signed up for the Air Force but then learned who and what Rangers are and wish you had joined the Army instead. You also said you're a DEP. If I'm not mistaken, you can go back to your Air Force recruiter anytime before you ship and tell him you changed your mind. Don't think for a moment that you owe him anything, either. I don't say that in a negative way but it's YOUR life, no one elses. Sure it will take intestinal fortitude to tell him you don't want to go now, but NO Ranger lacks intestinal fortitude!

Brothers, square me away on this if I'm wrong!!! With Hit_It off of the net for the moment I don't know who the SME is. I don't want to give this kid jacked up (wrong) advice, but I'm pretty sure you can pull out before shipping for basic.
You can pull out before you ship. My little brother did it.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Ranger Luna wrote:
Everett Ruess wrote:Look, forget about the Ranger qualified Security Forces for the moment. You stated that you signed up for the Air Force but then learned who and what Rangers are and wish you had joined the Army instead. You also said you're a DEP. If I'm not mistaken, you can go back to your Air Force recruiter anytime before you ship and tell him you changed your mind. Don't think for a moment that you owe him anything, either. I don't say that in a negative way but it's YOUR life, no one elses. Sure it will take intestinal fortitude to tell him you don't want to go now, but NO Ranger lacks intestinal fortitude!

You can pull out before you ship. My little brother did it.
So there you have it. I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your life, but based on the statements you have already made, it's time to start down the road to being an Army Ranger. Keep us updated on your progress!
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09

Sua Sponte!

Friedrich Nietzsche
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

Yep, you can do it. I was a recruiter for six painfull months, just let your AF recruiter know, don't do nothing under the table.
I will restate it, it is your life!
If you don't grab your sack and take care of buisness now, years from now you will be kicking yourself in the ass!

and by the way "Welcome!"
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92

Return to “Introduction Archive”