Special Forces Recruitment

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Special Forces Recruitment

Post by AngryPistols »

I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum, however, my teenaged son happened to ask me if SF personnel are 'recruited'?

As a ex-REMF, I ain't got a clue... :oops:

I know that there is SFAS, but, do you volunteer or are you 'invited' from say the Ranger Battalions or other Combat Arms? What about medics?

Thanks in advance for the info,

AngryPistols
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
MPC
Tadpole

Post by MPC »

There is now an option to enlist directly into the Special Forces pipeline as an 18X. All 18Xs attend Infantry OSUT and Airborne. Those already in in the Army can apply to SFAS once they are an E-3 promotable until they reach E-6 with over 14 years in I believe. Its open to all MOSs.
"And then I heard the Lord say, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' And then said I, here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Take a look at that thread and see how easy it is to get fried. You do not know shit about this subject, therefore stuff another Ding Dong in your pie hole and let someone QUALIFIED answer this question.
and he was wrong. E-7's may attend SFAS provided they have less than a certain amount of TIG.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

hit_it wrote:
Take a look at that thread and see how easy it is to get fried. You do not know shit about this subject, therefore stuff another Ding Dong in your pie hole and let someone QUALIFIED answer this question.
and he was wrong. E-7's may attend SFAS provided they have less than a certain amount of TIG.
That is exactly why he shouldn't have said a damn thing. :evil:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

if you want it bad enough, you'll make the sacrifice.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
BOOMER1
US Army Veteran

Post by BOOMER1 »

There is an 18X option. Just ask a local Recruiter. I am from a SF unit and some of my soldiers are going through the 18X program.
HHD 19th SFGA (REC)
HEADING TO 10TH MNTN
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

BOOMER1 wrote:There is an 18X option. Just ask a local Recruiter. I am from a SF unit and some of my soldiers are going through the 18X program.

ONE POST AFTER ANOTHER, WHY IS IT WE GET THE ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME.

Post an introduction in the introduction forum. This is getting annoying chasing down a grown man that dont read the FAQ posted to follow forum rules.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1842
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Recruitment Process”