Dream sheets??

Basic & AIT
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

If you had an option 40, you would only have to worry about 3 locations.

Just say it......................WORLD WIDE :twisted:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Will one of you guys square me away on this. OSUT? One Station Unit Training. What the hell is this? Is this a do basic and AIT at the same place or something different? Way..... back when I did basic at Ft.Dix then AIT at Benning.
McD
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

McD wrote:Will one of you guys square me away on this. OSUT? One Station Unit Training. What the hell is this? Is this a do basic and AIT at the same place or something different? Way..... back when I did basic at Ft.Dix then AIT at Benning.
McD
When I went to Ft. Benning in 1984, One Station Unit Training was in effect for all 11 series MOS at that location. All training for Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training was conducted while assigned to the same training company.

In a way, it made for a very seamless experience with a natural progression from basic PT, marching, marksmanship, law of land warfare, and customs/traditions of the Army into Infantry training. Other than an announcement being made and a difference in the training being presented to us, I hardly noticed when Basic was completed and AIT began.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

I never left Benning, except for deployments and Just Cause.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
rbarrows
Embryo

Re: Dream sheets??

Post by rbarrows »

stang9183 wrote:I'm probably asking for a kick in the nuts for this one :shock: , but here's my question. I have been told that towards the end of OSUT training you are given a "dream sheet" to fill out. This, from what I've been told, help determines where you are to be stationed. Now, sources tell me that this is an effective method in getting a choice at a prefered duty station. Is this true, or is it truly a "dream" (like, in your dreams) sheet? Just wonderin.
I don't know how this will apply to you but from what I've seen the Army does give "dream sheets". I dont know if they will give you one at the end of OSUT or not. My brother who is still in was asked where he would like to go when he became a recruiter. He had to pick 5 areas and they said they would station him in one of the 5 areas. In a stroke of genius he decided to put the place he would like to go most in the #3 spot. He was givin what he put as #1. So we currently live in the hell hole called northern illinios.
Bell

Post by Bell »

certiorari wrote:And what exactly is wrong with Illinois?
I'm not there.

RLTW
Bell
rbarrows
Embryo

Post by rbarrows »

certiorari wrote:And what exactly is wrong with Illinois?
Corn and more corn, this place is incredibly boring.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

My personal rule is never live east of the rockies - that would mean essentially, NEVER EAST of I-25, cause it's pretty much all flat after that.

Edit - I-25 that is.
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

LOL ,small country you have ther Ranger Spartan
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Spartan wrote:My personal rule is never live east of the rockies - that would mean essentially, NEVER EAST of I-40, cause it's pretty much all flat after that.
Now that hurts! Of course I've never been real fond of Pink Tofu and sprouts on my burger so I guess I better stay where I am. Sure was some flat land in nothern Georgia as I recall. :wink:
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

You have a few "mole hills" in the nothern part of your state Ranger McD.Spent 3 weeks at Lake Placid.There were a few hills there.
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Not exactly the Cascades but they'll do! Spartan trying to pick a fight I think! :)
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

Currahee 3-4
Tadpole

Post by Currahee 3-4 »

He must have attended the western Branch of Benning.West Columbus.

Ok now that i ran my mouth ill be busy digging a hasty before a giant Spartan Missle comes down on my ass

*diggin*
A co 1/506th 91-92
1/327,2/327 92-94

Return to “About OSUT”