Gee whiz gadget

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Silverback
Ranger

Gee whiz gadget

Post by Silverback »

Here's my latest purchase:

Get results in a heartbeat with the Forerunner® 301. This training partner continuously monitors your heart rate, speed, distance, pace and calories burned so you can train smarter, more effectively. The Forerunner 301 combines the popular features of the Forerunner 201 with a proven heart rate monitor and Training Center™ software to create a highly integrated personal training system.

Whether you are a triathlete in training or just want to see tangible results, the Forerunner 301 sets the pace with innovative features:

* Compact, lightweight and waterproof with an easy-to-read display on an ergonomic wristband
* Embedded GPS sensor provides basic navigation capabilities to tell you how far, how fast, even how to get home
* Digital coded heart rate monitor so you can see whether you are training too hard or not enough
* Multi-sport capability lets you seamlessly transition between sports without resetting the unit, so you can use it for running, biking, and more
* Easy to use — no calibration required. Just turn it on and go

Customize your Forerunner 301 to get the most out of your training. To help you achieve your personal best, the Forerunner 301 includes the following smart features:

* Auto Pause® pauses and resumes training timer based on a specified speed so you never have to start or stop the timer
* Auto Lap® records lap data when you reach a specified distance so you never have to punch the lap button
* AutoLearn™ feature learns user’s heart rate zones, adjusting them as fitness levels improve
* Virtual Partnerâ„¢ lets you train against a digital person at specified time, distance or pace goals
* AutoScroll cycles through data pages during a workout

Included Training Center software helps you tailor workouts to meet specific goals and objectives. Create your own workouts or use workout templates included on the CD. Interactive analysis tools let you chart performance overlaid on a map.

Data acquired by the Forerunner may also be analyzed with MotionBased.com, a web-based application that has partnered with Garmin. MotionBasedâ„¢ provides in-depth analysis of your workouts, online mapping and route sharing that will take your training to the next level. Endurance athletes may also use the Forerunner with TrainingPeaks.com, an easy-to-use web based training system designed to help athletes train for any event.

Forerunner 301: How hard is your heart working?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

Damn...All I got is a polar...that's nice..How much?
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

wellfed wrote:Damn...All I got is a polar...that's nice..How much?
$185.00
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

Not too bad..considering I bought mine for 100 bucks. How's the weather? I know the studs are freezing their asses off if your in cycle.

RS 1-86
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

wellfed wrote:Not too bad..considering I bought mine for 100 bucks. How's the weather? I know the studs are freezing their asses off if your in cycle.
Move to mojo for this
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

Silverback wrote:
wellfed wrote:Not too bad..considering I bought mine for 100 bucks. How's the weather? I know the studs are freezing their asses off if your in cycle.
Move to mojo for this
Damn, I thought I was in the Mojo!!! :roll: :shock:

RS 1-86
Kurt V
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by Kurt V »

Silverback, have you had a chance to use this while running yet? I want one, but curious about the ease of use while running.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Tater Nuts wrote:Does it have the "Help, Ive fallen and I cant get up" button ? :wink:
No, but it does have the "Shut The Fuck Up" button :twisted:
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Kurt V wrote:Silverback, have you had a chance to use this while running yet? I want one, but curious about the ease of use while running.
I ordered it last night. It appears I'll have two solid weeks of training with it up here (Before I move). I'll let you know who it works.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Ran with it today:
Last edited by Silverback on February 12th, 2006, 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

Wow thats amazing. Is it easy to use Ranger Silverback?
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Table of Elements Skater wrote:Wow thats amazing. Is it easy to use Ranger Silverback?
Once you set your age, sex, etc... the rest is fairly easy. The date and time are set when you get your first satellite. You'll notice a large gap (.75 mile) in my route, that is due to me starting before I locked a satellite and it took a while to get one while moving.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Blistering pace.

I think even I could have hung :shock:

Naaaaah :lol:
RSD 96-99

Return to “About Army Physical Training”