Punk Busting 101

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Punk Busting 101

Post by JarHedSolja »

Yet another punk busting thread... but I was wondering about more passive ways to detecting a poser.

1. If a person is actually in the Army, how long does their AKO account stay active after getting out?

2. If so, do people in the 75th have that stated on their unit location? I don't know any Ranger names so I cannot research this myself.

3. Common sayings. I have a friend from high school, who seems to be claiming Ranger status. I know most Rangers will say "Rangers lead the way."

What about other variations of this? It seems odd to me when someone says "US Army airborne Rangers lead the way." To me that sounds like it's coming from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

I've asked this kid for company/battalion affiliation and any RIP or RS classes he has attended. Hopefully I'll get a response soon.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Definitely weird.

Why don't you send his name to one of the Rangers who is in the battalion that he claims.

If you send it to me I'll forward it for you, so as to not give out pertinent info on who's serving where.

Also, invite him here. He should be happy to come if he's a current serving Ranger.

Hell, half his barracks probably lurks on this site after work.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Ruffner275
Ranger

Re: Punk Busting 101

Post by Ruffner275 »

JarHedSolja wrote: 1. If a person is actually in the Army, how long does their AKO account stay active after getting out?

2. If so, do people in the 75th have that stated on their unit location? I don't know any Ranger names so I cannot research this myself.

3. Common sayings. I have a friend from high school, who seems to be claiming Ranger status. I know most Rangers will say "Rangers lead the way."

What about other variations of this? It seems odd to me when someone says "US Army airborne Rangers lead the way." To me that sounds like it's coming from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.
1. My AKO account was active until my IRR time was up.

2. I did list my unit on my AKO profile.

3. I never said "Ranger's Lead the Way" to anyone other than when I saluted an officer and usually didn't then either.

4. I never heard any variation like you mention here.
12B1P 11th ACR 96-99
11B2V C co. 2/75 99-02
Class 8-00
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ruffner275 wrote: 3. I never said "Ranger's Lead the Way" to anyone other than when I saluted an officer and usually didn't then either.
I meant to talk to you about that!

AKO account normally expires when you leave active / reserve service. If you retire you can maintain an account on AKO.

If you have someone who is willing to sponsor you, you can get an account, but your sponsor has responsiblility for your conduct.

You may be able to get an account if you are a DA civilian or defense contractor; but again this information will appear. If you have specific questions, PM me, and I'll try to find an answer.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

hit_it wrote:Definitely weird.

Why don't you send his name to one of the Rangers who is in the battalion that he claims.

If you send it to me I'll forward it for you, so as to not give out pertinent info on who's serving where.

Also, invite him here. He should be happy to come if he's a current serving Ranger.

SFC Hit_it,

He says that he was discharged from the military after injuring his knee. The next line on his profile says, "US ARMY AIRBORNE RANGERS LEAD THE WAY."

Just looks a little off to me.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

JarHedSolja wrote:
hit_it wrote:Definitely weird.

SFC Hit_it,

He says that he was discharged from the military after injuring his knee. The next line on his profile says, "US ARMY AIRBORNE RANGERS LEAD THE WAY."

Just looks a little off to me.
He's either full of shit or just a cheese dick.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:USAARLTW
:lol: :lol:
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “The Mosh Pit”